SIR-GM1 Install in 2006 Pontiac Torrent.

Wow, Haven't looked at this thread in a while.

They are supposedly going to release the SIR-GM3A sometime in this liftime which will work with the LAN system.

I think this will be a translator that will have the seperate SCC1 Tuner.

All I can find is this:

Detailed Description
Access all of your favorite SIRIUS programming through your factory-installed GM headunit.
Direct Control of Sirius tuner
Maintains compatibility of existing factory controls, sterring wheel etc.
Factory fit design , directly replaces existing satellite radio tuner
Compatible with select 2003 and up GM vehicles that included factory satellite radio tuners: supports class-2 and GM LAN vehicles
Includes SIRGM3A tuner and magnetic mount antenna

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm going to do some adding on to this if anyone is interested in adding an ipod/iPhone interface along with the SIR GM1.

I'm told it can't be done to have both coexsist nicely.

I was also told the SIR GM1 wouldn't work in the 06 Pontiac Torrent, and it's been working great for some time now.

I would prefer to have ipod control work through the head unit, so I will investigate getting that to work with some kind of automatic "switching" between the the iPod and Sirius, may have to do some homebrew stuff here.

If that doesn't prove to be viable, I may consider an auxilary input jack, that cuts off the Sirius audio, and feeds from the iPod while plugged in. This will probably be easier to do without much wiring.

As before, once I get a working model, I'll post pics and diagrams.

I know, it would be easiest to get a new head unit that does both, which I have in my pickup, but that wouldn't be as fun and exciting. :)

I was going to do a write up on adding the ipod/iphone interface, but decided not to go that route. Looks like we're replacing the whole head unit to an aftermarket system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts