Sir-pnp2 / Sir-bb1

kdawg6924

Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
I got a SIR-PNP2 for Christmas from my wife, and I must say, we have listened to virtually no FM radio since. What I wanted to know, how well does the SIR-BB1 work? I have read a few reviews online, and only con to it I saw was that it "devours batteries". Anyone have one, and if so, can you shed some light on battery life please.

kdawg6924 said:
I got a SIR-PNP2 for Christmas from my wife, and I must say, we have listened to virtually no FM radio since. What I wanted to know, how well does the SIR-BB1 work? I have read a few reviews online, and only con to it I saw was that it "devours batteries". Anyone have one, and if so, can you shed some light on battery life please.

Depending upon the quality of the D cell batteries, you can expect 4 to 6 hours of play. I have 3 of these boom boxes (kids) and love them. You might want to upgrade the speaker to these speakers to get maximum SQ and volume. Stock speakers are fine, but the upgrade is worth it imo. I did this to the boom box we take to the lake just to get more volume. It took me about 5 minutes to change out the speakers.

I didn't have the need to change out the speakers. My SIR-BB1 worked just fine right out of the box - been happy with it ever since. My wife and I use it on the porch, plugged into the electrical outlet and we have a Terk outdoor antenna installed on the chimney - works great!

--Doug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts