Sirius antenna issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Arbutis

Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
I have been using sirius for about 8 months. Initially I had trouble acquiring a signal with my antenna placement so I had to buy a 50 ft extension antenna at Radio Shack.
That worked quite well for about 8 months and then one day it stopped working all together. I got the Sanyo receiver from Walmart online and installed everything myself. I called Sirius and they told me to call Sanyo. I called Sanyo and they told me to call Sirius. Now I have no service and no one to call for assistance. So now I am here. Anyone have any suggestions? The receiver just shows "Acquiring Signal" message and nothing else. :no :mad:

Anyway to check the Sanyo with another antenna? Sounds like it might be a bad antenna cable. OR it could be antenna conection on the docking unit went bad OR the Sanyo is not seated all the way in the docking station.

I'm having a similar issue with my car Audiovox PNP2 that is just over 6 months old. There are many times it just loses signal and then I have to press the antenna connector and it will be good for 5 minutes or a few days. Then 3 days ago, we had a fairly hot day and the whole right side of my screen looked black like the LCD was cracked/broken and was unreadable. It took 2 days, but yesterday it was all better and I could read it again.

I'm ready to toss the whole thing out the car window. I've been meaning to call Sirius to see if I could get a different antenna/receiver. I've already given up and started listiening to local radio again. I hope I dont run into *no account* accountability issues too. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)