Sirius Antenna Question

Iron Duke

Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
My wife got me the Sirius Sportster for Christmas. One of the main reasons she got it was so I could listen to it at work. Unfortunately, my office is in a metal frame building, and my windows (which cannot be opened) face South and East, away from the Sirius satellite. The antenna that comes with the indoor docking kit isn't strong enough to get a signal in conditions that are less than optimum. Does anyone know of an antenna that will receive a signal inside a building that will work with the Sirius Sportster receiver?

Iron Duke said:
My wife got me the Sirius Sportster for Christmas. One of the main reasons she got it was so I could listen to it at work. Unfortunately, my office is in a metal frame building, and my windows (which cannot be opened) face South and East, away from the Sirius satellite. The antenna that comes with the indoor docking kit isn't strong enough to get a signal in conditions that are less than optimum. Does anyone know of an antenna that will receive a signal inside a building that will work with the Sirius Sportster receiver?

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us.

If there is no terrestrial signal, the antenna is going to have to see the sky. Same with XM. The Terk SIR6 is an option for an outdoor antenna. It comes with a 30' cable that is weatherproof.