sirius help

harveystern

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
miami fl
I went to best buy in miami fl to buy sirius, yet the salesman talked me out of it for now. He told me in miami sirius is getting a lot of static from bootleg fm stations, he went to say xm has fixed this problem. thanks harvey

huh, :confused:

Pirate radio stations should have no bearing on Sirius or XM, unless they somehow launched their own satellite and are running it in the same spectrum slices as Sirius.

The only thing that I would think would be effected would be FM modulation if your using that. But that can be a problem in any city since a lot of the FM dial is used. And it would effect XM and Sirius. I think the BB monkey was BSing you.

Did he happen to explain how an FM signal is interfering with a satellite signal in a totally different band? This guys is full of crap.

We should start a Best Buy BS forum in here. The stories I hear are incredible.

I live a little north of you - but close enough that any bootleg fm station should reach me no problem and I have no troubles with sirius.

Boy we all slammed the door on this BB BS at the same time. Sorry if I ran over anyone else's reply. I am so sick and tired of these chain boxes and their non-trained lackeys.

This one was pretty off the wall. Pirate radio stations interfere with Sirius but XM fixed the problem. It almost sounds like maybe that week they were running a contest to see who could sell the most XM radios because that is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard a BB rep say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)