Sirius in central Alaska

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

icstephen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Canton, Oh
Does anyone know if anyone has had any luck getting a signal in the interior of Alaska? coordinates 62°N 155°W, I am assuming not but if there is a chance I will take my unit with me - other wise my mom is going to get a year of free service.

Does anyone know if anyone has had any luck getting a signal in the interior of Alaska? coordinates 62°N 155°W, I am assuming not but if there is a chance I will take my unit with me - other wise my mom is going to get a year of free service.

Actually I've heard that Sirius works better than XM in the north due to the type of orbit of the Sirius satellites. I noticed all the guys on Ice Road Truckers had Sirius and not XM.

Do some searching at Siriusbackstage.com for Alaska

I did look there but couldent find much mostly in the very southestern edge of Alaska close to Canada and I am going to be pretty far away from that. I am figuring that there is little chance...but figured I would ask.

I did look there but couldent find much mostly in the very southestern edge of Alaska close to Canada and I am going to be pretty far away from that. I am figuring that there is little chance...but figured I would ask.

I'd still bring it and find out if it works.

I took both sirius units out of my wife's car and my truck a couple of years ago. In Anchorage the reception is very spotty, not consistent enough to listen while you drive. Maybe something has changed but I don't think they have installed their local repeating towers yet.

Unfortunately that’s what I have been hearing and I am going to be about 200+ miles north west of Anchorage, I have decided to let someone in my family have the unit it is prepaid for the year so they can enjoy it...LOL. I will miss the Sirius up there but what are you going to do...if I get around to putting up a large C-band dish I may get some music off of there, although I think I will be spending far less time in the house anyway...lots of hiking and fishing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)