Sirius in place of xm in my chevy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

doyoucare

Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
i just bought a chevy and was wondering if there is any issue using the xm antenna intead of running a new antenna for my existing sirius roadster.

any one have any ideas if this will work??

thanks

I am not even sure the antenna connections would fit. And if they did, your reception would be compromised somewhat. Why not have both? More and more people are subscribing to both.

Not a fan of XM, much better channels on Sirius. I figured that if I just cut the antenna wire and splice the two together it might work, but was wondering if anyone had the same idea and it didn’t work.

I wouldn't recommed cutting into anything that is factory installed. Everything is tied together and they all communicate with each other so if you start cutting and splicing things in without knowing exactly what your doing could cause problems with other thing and also void parts of your factory warranty.

I have several friends and coworkers that have XM equipped GM products with Sirius. Most of them just place the antenna on the dash board. If you feel uncomfortable running the antenna cable under you headliner or under the kick boards, consider a professional installer at Best, Circuit City, Tweeters.....etc to install for you.

Personally, I have a Chevy Trailblazer with Sirius and I use the SIGMA (Sirius Interior Glass Mounted Antenna). I mouted it behind and above the rear view mirror. Works great and this is the same setup that Toyota and Nissan use for Sirius.