Sirius install questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yoji

Original poster
Sep 25, 2003
I just picked up my first satellite radio equipment (used and free :D ). I have the Audiovox receiver and the SIR-CK1 cradle. I also have an antenna.

My problem is, I have no way of connecting the antenna. The end of the antenna wire is male and the port on the back of the docking station (where the antenna plugs into) is also male.

What am I missing? Is there a plug I need to make this work? If so, can anyone provide a link where I can buy this part online? I'd appreciate any help that would keep me from having to buy a new antenna if the one I already have will work.

I am looking forward to getting started with Sirius.

If you got the antenna and receiver from the same person that had it working I would ask them, but you can buy antennas at your local audio retailer as well as crutchfield, J & R, or do a search on shopping.com

Both of my Sirius receivers have a female jack and a shielded male jack on the antenna.

Crutchfield

Thanks for the help. I was trying to get by without buying a new antenna if all I needed was an adapter to make the connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts