Sirius Issues

MPhilly03

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Hi All,

I have a Sirius XAct which got back in December 2004. It has worked great and I really like it. However, in the past couple of days it has stopped working. On Thursday night it said it was having trouble acquiring a signal. It did get a signal and I listed for a while. However, now when I turn it on the Sirius screen comes up and then after about 10 seconds it beeps and the screen comes up again.

I have tried to turn it on with 2 different antennas and moved throughout the house thinking that it might be a signal direction issue. It does the same thing if either antenna is in (or even when the antenna is not hooked up).

I live outside of Philly (not sure if location is an issue) but I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced anything like this and how I can remedy the problem?

Any help would greatly appreciated!!

From what you describe it sounds like the receiver is reseting itself. I don't think it has anything to do with signal. Seems like the unit may have taken a dive. I'm not really sure what the warranty on those are but you may want to call xact to find out.

Thanks, Minorthr. That seems to be the conclusion that is being reached here. I should still be under the manufacturers one year warranty so I am going to try and get them to replace it.

Is this a common problem? Anyone here of something similar with the XACT (XTR1 model)?

Good to know that it seems to be somewhat isolated. The weird thing is it worked fine and then suddenly went bad. I am going to package it up and send it to them tomorrow and hopefully will have it back before the NFL really gets going with training camps.

I got a replacement unit from Xact (no explanation just a new receiver, remote and pair of batteries). I am in the process of having my lifetime subscription transfered to my new radio.

My antenna is on a window sill in the bedroom and we have an air conditioner unit in the window. The reception was not blocked but before I start using the new radio I was wondering if anyone thought that having the antenna by the air conditioner may have had an impact on my problem.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

MPhilly03 said:
I got a replacement unit from Xact (no explanation just a new receiver, remote and pair of batteries). I am in the process of having my lifetime subscription transfered to my new radio.

My antenna is on a window sill in the bedroom and we have an air conditioner unit in the window. The reception was not blocked but before I start using the new radio I was wondering if anyone thought that having the antenna by the air conditioner may have had an impact on my problem.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

I dont think that would effect it at all. Make sure you let us know if the new unit resolved the problem.

I have had the same issue. I got the receiver about a year ago but only activated it this christmas. WOrked for about 10 days then all the sudden it just beeps, screen blinks, comes back on again, and beeps and repeats over and over again.

I would return it, but the problem is the warranty is up. Anyone have thoughts? Is there some firmware that i can upgrade or a reset ability with this thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts