Sirius on Dish Network only coming through center speaker

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fenwah

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
I love the Sirius radio stations on Dish. I can turn on my satellite tuner (currently a 521 SD DVR) and leave my TV off and listen to Sirius. The only problem is that the sound only comes out of my center speaker. I have 5.1 surround sound setup on my TV. It works fine on TV and DVD...but when I switch to Sirius it goes to center speaker only. Anyone else have issues like this?

Last edited:
Are you using the optical output on the e* receiver if so is it set to dolby digital only?? If it is that might be the problem

Yes...I'm using the optical outlet on the back of the Dish receiver. Is it possible to turn the dobly digital on/off? If so, is it on the back of the receiver, or a menu setting on the receiver?

fenwah said:
I love the Sirius radio stations on Dish. I can turn on my satellite tuner (currently a 521 SD DVR) and leave my TV off and listen to Sirius. The only problem is that the sound only comes out of my center speaker. I have 5.1 surround sound setup on my TV. It works fine on TV and DVD...but when I switch to Sirius it goes to center speaker only. Anyone else have issues like this?

Please post the Brand/Model of your receiver. Probally receiver sound mode error

fenwah said:
yep..when set my system to dolby I don't get sound out of my rears..So I don't use it..I don't have a center channel..4 speakers plus a powered sub..

Sirius is broadcast in stereo. If your receiver is in stereo mode, then you should get audio out of your two front speakers. If your stereo is in Dolby ProLogic mode, then it will mix the sound to all five speakers, with a good deal of the music coming out of your center.

If you have an older receiver that has only the original Dolby ProLogic, and not ProLogic II or IIx, then even more will be routed to your center. Original DPL wasn't very good.

Personally I prefer listening to stereo music in stereo mode, rather than a matrixed surround mode, like DPL.

Some of the Sirius channels broadcast in ProLogic. I listen to Sirius music in the ProLogicII music mode, A/V receiver set to auto detect, and there is a definite surround sound happening, it's great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)