Sirius or XM online?

SAEMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Hey,

I live in Alaska so I cannot get the SIRIUS or XM radios and subscribe to service. (although I have heard from many people they get reception just fine on their radios that they have brought up here from different places)

My question is, is there a way to subscribe to either of these so I can listen primarily on the internet? I'm mostly interested in the different talk and sports stations.

Thanks for the help.

Satellite Radio Online

Unfortunately, Sirius talk, sports and entertainment streams are not available online, with or without a subscription. I believe the reason is copy right laws. I am not sure about XM, but believe you have to purchase a XMPCR and a subscription to listen thru your PC. There are Alaskan listeners of Sirius that I have corresponded with. Those users had to purchase the subscription using a lower 48 address.

Some one that knows for sure may correct me, but I do not think that XM's signal goes that far north. There is a thread on SiriusBackstage that dicusses the Sirius signal and where the service is available. Again with a lower 48 address.

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10522