Sirius/Pioneer Install Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcagle24

Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
I've had a problem for a couple of weeks now that no one at best buy or circuit city can figure out and neither can I. I recently purchased a Pioneer 3700MP cd player (DEH-3700MP) that is satellite ready, along with a Sirius Pioneer receiver (SIR-PNR1). The only lines coming out of the sirius receiver are the yellow power, ground, antenna and output cord that plugs directly into the back of my cd player. I grounded the unit directly to bare metal on the chassis directly behind the dash, plugged the output wire into the back of the head unit, ran the antenna to the exterior of the car, then spliced the yellow line in with the yellow power line coming directly out of the cd player. Since I've had the unit my satellite radio would play through the speakers fine for 3 or 4 minutes, then start to crackle and pop, gradually getting worse until I either turned it off or sometimes it would just suddenly quick. When I play CD's or turn it to an FM station, my speakers sound fine. As of today my Sirius Receiver wont even turn on and doesnt show up as a source option on my head unit. I checked the fuse on the Sirius receiver and it looks burnt but definitely not blown. This is a crazy problem that alot of people including myself can't figure out, please help!! by the way all this is installed in a 2000 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 L sport. Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)