Sirius Plug and Play car antenna mounting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jblieber

Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
This may be a stupid question but i am just wondering since i am going to purchase a sirius plug and play receiver. How does the antenna mount on the roof? I know it is magnetic but how do the cord get it back into the car to plug into the receiver? Do i run the cord througt a window or sunroof? Do i have to drill? Please Help!!!! before i buy this i just want to make sure.

THANKS!!!!

Welcome to SatelliteGuys... I have an 04 F-150 that has a tray on the dash, thats where I keep mine... but some people run theres thru the rubber of the windshield ... Neutron will be here in a bit and installed his in a car. Also Sirius Rich should be around too. Have you Checked out Sirius backstage yet? the forums?

Thanks for you help! I have an '01 ford escape. do u think i can just leave the antenna on the dass or mount it on the top of the windshield inside? Thanks

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome We're glad you're here!

I have a 2002 Chevy Tracker, so it's a similar vehicle to the Escape.

I have mine mounted on the roof with the magnetic backing. I have the wire running into the rear hatch door on the left side (since my rear door opens to from the left) and then down the left side of the rear seat and under the running boards, across the underside of the driver's seat then running along the center console underneath the plastic up to the radio. It works just fine for me. :)

I have xm on both our cars. On my wife's I have the antenna on the roof above the windshield. I then have the antenna running down inside the windshield molding. Then it comes in the door and under the molding in the dash and then runs to the center console where the radio is.

minorthr said:
I have xm on both our cars. On my wife's I have the antenna on the roof above the windshield. I then have the antenna running down inside the windshield molding. Then it comes in the door and under the molding in the dash and then runs to the center console where the radio is.

This is pretty much the way so many of them are installed, including ours in the Dodge van and the PT Cruiser. We have the older Audiovox PNP2s and just love them. It's nicer of course when they are built in like my 300C, but this is a good way to go.

--Doug

Thank you guys, you have been really helpful and thanks for the warm welcome! I just bought a Starmate Receiver by Sirius. Anyone have any reviews or suggestions for me? My family business is home electronics for over 35 years but cars is a totally different game! LOL Thanks for the help!

jblieber said:
Thank you guys, you have been really helpful and thanks for the warm welcome! I just bought a Starmate Receiver by Sirius. Anyone have any reviews or suggestions for me? My family business is home electronics for over 35 years but cars is a totally different game! LOL Thanks for the help!

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.us. :D

For a review of the Starmate go HERE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)