Sirius raising prices!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As part of its merger deal with the FCC Sirius and XM agreed not to raise rates on their base service for a number of years.

The base service price is not changing however Sirius XM are removing features from the base service and are charging extra to have those services back. To me this is a violation of their agreement with the FCC.

Sirius XM is taking away the online music streaming service which has been a part of its service package and are now going to charge $2.99 extra for it This is essentially taking the $12.99 package and making it $15.98 a month to have the same service you have today.

I don't have an issue with the family plan rates going up, or taking away the streaming service from the family plan radios.

The question now is are we the consumers going to let Sirius XM do this or are we going to stand up and make some noise?

Ok. So I got this for my parents. Two receivers. I told them the price won't go up. Is it going up if they have two? They can live without the online service.

Greed plain and simple. Looks like I will be finally canceling my second radio. I will tell my uncle that the price went up and I can't afford it anymore even though I can I refuse to pay extra even for the online streams. He can live without his southern gospel music.

This is what sucks about this economy. People are losing jobs hand over foot and they are trying to cut expenses and what do these companies do they raise prices instead of making it more affordable.

So when the time is up for when they promised not to increase their fees, an increase is most certainly a given and probably by a large percentage as well.

BOTH companies may well have gone under without the merger. Might still happen.
IT WILL HAPPEN
I guarantee Sirius will be out of business the same time next year,there stock is down,raising prices,pissing off customers with crappy lineup,charging extra,thank god i purchase the lifetime plan 5 yrs ago got my money worth from these jerks. PS DON'T BUY THE 2 OR 3 YEAR PLANS YOU WON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK!:D

Allegedly, lifetime subscribers will not have to pay for internet access.

Still, this is a real kick in the balls. I understand they are broke, but they will lose far more subscriptions then they will make up in extra fees, not to mention the very bad goodwill.

They should create one service with all channels available on both systems, come up with one price, and go forward. If they don't, they'll be history soon.

IT WILL HAPPEN
I guarantee Sirius will be out of business the same time next year,there stock is down,raising prices,pissing off customers with crappy lineup,charging extra,thank god i purchase the lifetime plan 5 yrs ago got my money worth from these jerks. PS DON'T BUY THE 2 OR 3 YEAR PLANS YOU WON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK!:D

Spoken like a profit. The Pandora that I get for free on my Iphone has double the bit rate and sounds awesome. When your competition offers a better product for free, raising prices is not going to help.
They should have been delisted by now, but the nasdaq has given the sub buck stocks until March to get the price up or else get delisted. Generally, when a company ends up on the 'pink sheets", its days are numbered.I don't know how much cash they have, but once it is burned up, they are dust as no one is going to loan them $.
I predict that they will sh*t down before this year is up.

Spoken like a profit. The Pandora that I get for free on my Iphone has double the bit rate and sounds awesome. When your competition offers a better product for free, raising prices is not going to help.
They should have been delisted by now, but the nasdaq has given the sub buck stocks until March to get the price up or else get delisted. Generally, when a company ends up on the 'pink sheets", its days are numbered.I don't know how much cash they have, but once it is burned up, they are dust as no one is going to loan them $.
I predict that they will sh*t down before this year is up.

Thank you! anybody thinking of buying the 2or 3 year plan you been warned ,STAY CLEAR MONTH TO MONTH THAT'S IT;)

Last edited:
As part of its merger deal with the FCC Sirius and XM agreed not to raise rates on their base service for a number of years.

The base service price is not changing however Sirius XM are removing features from the base service and are charging extra to have those services back. To me this is a violation of their agreement with the FCC.

Sirius XM is taking away the online music streaming service which has been a part of its service package and are now going to charge $2.99 extra for it This is essentially taking the $12.99 package and making it $15.98 a month to have the same service you have today.

I don't have an issue with the family plan rates going up, or taking away the streaming service from the family plan radios.

The question now is are we the consumers going to let Sirius XM do this or are we going to stand up and make some noise?
Don't wast your time,breath or your minutes, in reality there already gone look at there stock that speaks for itself!:D

Allegedly, lifetime subscribers will not have to pay for internet access.

Still, this is a real kick in the balls. I understand they are broke, but they will lose far more subscriptions then they will make up in extra fees, not to mention the very bad goodwill.

They should create one service with all channels available on both systems, come up with one price, and go forward. If they don't, they'll be history soon.

As REO SPEEDWAGON SING'S {RIDEING THE STORM OUT} THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING NOT A PENNY MORE!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts