Sirius Shareholders Approve Deal with XM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There was never much doubt that shareholders would approve---but 96% of voting shares is pretty good. The real question is will this pass muster with the DoJ and FCC. Most analysts think that it will but it sia an open question.

the XM shareholder vote is also scheduled for today. I wonder how one sided that vote will be?

If they merge then wouldn't this mean a lot of new content perhaps some room for video content with all that extra space they would have available?

Well ther might not be two 80s channels, to love song channels, two radio calssics, etc.

Well ther might not be two 80s channels, to love song channels, two radio calssics, etc.

Wasn't there a press release about their planned pricing and channel lineups on here?

You could keep XM or Sirius and then add the best of the other in the form of 10 channels. In other words, XM subscribers could get the Howard channel and Sirius subscribers could get Opie and Anthony (and Jimmy Norton :) ...) for a small additional monthly fee.

I hope they don't just pick and choose channels to drop from either. They are bound to make a lot of people mad. For example, I listen to Techno, The System on XM (car, home and Internet) and Area 33 (Dish). My opinion is that XM's The System is far better than Sirius' Area 33. If they drop The System, I'll be upset, where as some would like it dropped and Area 33 kept. Either way they will upset some. Same with all flavors of music. I also listen to 80's, rock, alternative, and don't want to lose specific stations on either. I've had XM longer so I guess I'd prefer their stations as a whole over the music stations on Sirius. I am used to them.
I just hope they don't screw with things too much if this merger goes through. Good things never seem to last forever. It was good while it lasted I guess.

As far as video services, such as Sirius new video system. I don't think it is going to take off unless they add adult channels. What are they thinking having Nick, Cartoon Network, and Disney for what, $10/month? I wouldn't pay for that unless they had Fox News (or CNN for those that prefer that). I guess the idea is that the adult should be driving and the kids are entertained in the back seat, but I could see a passenger wanting live news in the car. Fox News and Fox Business would actually make great additions to the service and get more adults to subscribe (The ones that are actually paying for it!). My kid has to pull a lot of strings just to get club penguin out of me as a paid subscription. He's not getting a $300 video device and 3 kid's channels in the car for another $10 a month. What, the DVD player built into the car, the portable DVD player, Nintendo DS, and other crap aren't entertaining enough anymore? Sheesh!

You may be able to add some of th other service. But I still don't think that all of the streams will similar programming will continue.

I agree that XM has better music, in general, but they should definitely keep Area 33. The lineup on there is awesome right now. The thing that pisses me off is that they are planning to can The System, so I guess Sirius will continue to kill the dance genre by axing XM stations. I hope this means Area 33 and BPM are available to both services. They can kill the Beat and nobody would care.

So how would this work ?

Do they continue to maintain both sat systems?

I just bought a Vue and have been enjoying the XM on the trial. The Kenwood in my Vette is Sirius ready. I'm hoping that if the system combine I can active both under 1 account and get the discount.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts