Sirius Stiletto in my car

klsdad

Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
I'm very new here so please forgive me if info on my topic is readily avalable without starting a new thread.

I'm considering buying a Stiletto and the deciding factor will be whether I can conveniently use it in my car.

Ideally I would be able to connect it to the aux input on the front of my car radio and I'm done. That's the best scenario..... a few added steps or inconveniences are not going to be a problem.

I'm not wedded to Sirius either so if an XM unit would work better I'm open to discussion.

Any advice?

The Sirius Stiletto can easily be installed in a car. Based on how you want to use the Stiletto in the car, you just need a stereo patch cord to connect from the headphone output on the Stiletto to the AUX input in your car. These are readily available at Radio Shack store, online, etc.

Sirius also makes an optional car kit for the Stilleto which includes a cradle, antenna, and auto/dc power. If you spend a lot of time in your car, the car kit may prove to be valuable to you. It may take some time to perform a 'clean' install of the antenna (an possibly, the crade and auto/DC power), but this would happen regardless of the device or Sat Rad provider and usually only once.

My personal preference is XM, but I am sure you will be satisifed with whatever device or Sat Rad firm you go with.

I refuse to flame either company. My preference is XM is because I like Major League Baseball and Folk Music. It has nothing to do with device or quality.

After reading up on the Stiletto, it looks to me like the Stiletto provides lots of flexibiliy and also provide the opportunity for maximum use. Enjoy your Stiletto and Sat Rad.

Bob

If you go with Sirius, I suggest you locate one or more Sirius online forums (or XM forums if you change your mind and go that way). You can use a GOOGLE search to find the forums. On the forums, there is usually an area for installations. You might locate install instructions for your device into your car, or at a minimum, some car.

Enjoy,
Bob

Thanks for the tips!

After reading up a little myself, it looks like the antenae for the Stiletto is built into the headphones.

If that is the case, it seems like I wouldn't have an antenae if I used the headphone out to connect to my car's aux in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts