Sirius stole $164 from me and refuses to give it back.

Uhhh they NEVER had an ETF because they NEVER made you sign a contract. The only 'penalty' fees they ever had was if you took one of their free radio promos and didn't keep service for at least 3 (maybe it was 6) months, they would bill you for the price of the radio. But as far as I know they don't even do those anymore since the merger.

Ummm... Your WRONG! They do have ETF fees or at least did. I got charged up with one when I went to cancel a radio I upgraded. After figuring out that it would be cheaper to pay the 3 months of service than the ETF, we prepaid for the length of the ETF, and set the radio to cancel after that. They want you to keep service for at least a year after an upgrade in radios, especially if your getting one on a discount from Sirius.

I just spoke with SiriusXM Customer Care & starting in January 2011 they started charging ETF's if you signed up for a 1yr plus agreement. Electronic Signatures are legal and binding.

However, in some cases those customers with an old vehicle, who then purchased a new vehicle were also charged an ETF during the switch. These were in error.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Ummm... Your WRONG! They do have ETF fees or at least did. I got charged up with one when I went to cancel a radio I upgraded. After figuring out that it would be cheaper to pay the 3 months of service than the ETF, we prepaid for the length of the ETF, and set the radio to cancel after that. They want you to keep service for at least a year after an upgrade in radios, especially if your getting one on a discount from Sirius.

Umm NO, you have NEVER been locked into ANY CONTRACT when you buy new or upgrade or ANYTHING. The ONLY time there have been ANY type of penalties is if you get a PROMO RADIO PRICE direct from them, and that's either 3 or 6 months depending on the radio. They encourage you to "lock in" your price by paying in advance, but there has NEVER been ANY contracts of ANY SORT, especially a 1 year.

Ripped from their Customer Agreement.
Cancellation Fee: Cancellation fees may be applied on radios purchased directly from SiriusXM at a discount and/or combined with a discounted subscription price, which fee is disclosed at time of purchase.

Last edited:
I just spoke with SiriusXM Customer Care & starting in January 2011 they started charging ETF's if you signed up for a 1yr plus agreement. Electronic Signatures are legal and binding.

However, in some cases those customers with an old vehicle, who then purchased a new vehicle were also charged an ETF during the switch. These were in error.

Still don't believe you. Post this alleged letter or you're lying. Better yet, show me something ANYWHERE that says they have contracts.

JerseyMatt said:
Still don't believe you. Post this alleged letter or you're lying. Better yet, show me something ANYWHERE that says they have contracts.

I don't lie and furthermore, why don't you call Customer Care Mr. Know it all...... Or are you to lazy?

"U.S. Music Royalty Fee: Radio subscriptions that include music channels will be charged a fee per paid month of your plan term. For details, see online XM Customer Agreement at XMradio.com. State taxes will apply. You will be charged a $75.00 Early Cancellation Fee (ETF) if you cancel a one-year or longer subscription during the first year of service"

I was charged this when switching from Old Vehicle to the NEW Vehicle, although that was in error and corrected. I was advised if I cancel after Trial Period, then the ETF will apply after 1 year subscription begins.

image-4194583020.png

Enjoy Mr Know it All

Oh I don't lie and perhaps you should let those lazy fingers do the dialing to call Customer Care at 1-800-248-4114.

Let's see, I do research things and gather facts. I also read that fine print too. Most people do not.

See if you weren't so busy being lazy and calling people a liar, you would've seen what I've been referring too.

Have a good day!

Last edited:
I have had XM since 2003. Been on month to month plans and the last few years have been on yearly plans and I was never told about an ETF verbally or in writing from the company.

SiriusXM can argue that electronic signatures are valid, and they are, but contracts of adhesion are always interpreted in favor of the party who did not "write" the contract. In this case the consumer.

That's probably why SiriusXM dropped the policy, they would lose this argument in court and more importantly with the credit card company for the consumer every time.

As for calling SiriusXM customer care, it's something I avoid like the plague.....:eek:

As for calling Customer Care, I do agree. Uggh. I always try to get a Rep in North America with some success.

Since AT&T won a landmark decision in the US Supreme Court recently regarding Consumers suing we're all SOL. All Consumers must go through Arbitration now.

There's a group of AT&T & T-Mobile Customers that have filed a lawsuit to block the proposed merger. Anyway, this must now be done due to the recent change in the law thru Arbitration hearings. I Read this on one of the blogs, if I can locate it I'll try and post.

Big Business Wins Again

Last edited:
Oh I don't lie and perhaps you should let those lazy fingers do the dialing to call Customer Care at 1-800-248-4114.

Let's see, I do research things and gather facts. I also read that fine print too. Most people do not.

See if you weren't so busy being lazy and calling people a liar, you would've seen what I've been referring too.

Have a good day!

I DID read the customer agreement line by line, and that verbiage is NOWHERE to be found. Nor is there ANYTHING ANYWHERE on their site (or any site really, because I searched) about them ever having contracts of any length. That letter is tied to a promotion of some kind that you received.

JerseyMatt said:
I DID read the customer agreement line by line, and that verbiage is NOWHERE to be found. Nor is there ANYTHING ANYWHERE on their site (or any site really, because I searched) about them ever having contracts of any length. That letter is tied to a promotion of some kind that you received.

I spoke with SiriusXM ERT Today about the ETF and another matter.

ERT informed me the $75.00 ETF was tied to any package that was 1 year or longer. The ETF was discontinued in July 2011 and anyone charged if making a change received credits.

I had a 1 year subscription with the old vehicle & the same subscription with new vehicle. New vehicle I got in June 2011. ETF was charged again in error and corrected.

There's a reason you can't locate anything regarding an ETF, as it's no longer being charged. Any mention was removed when change was made.

Oh, I spoke with North American Office in Canada.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)