Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO TO PROVIDE UNPRECEDENTED NASCAR DRIVER-TO-PIT CREW RACE COVERAGE IN 2007

Will take listeners inside the car with up to 10 “Team Talk” channels carrying driver-to-pit crew communications during NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series races

“Team Talk” channels will air the live “race call” and in-car audio simultaneously

NEW YORK – November 29, 2006 – SIRIUS Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) announced today that it will present unprecedented live radio coverage of NASCAR races starting in 2007, making listeners feel like they are on top of their favorite team’s pit box on race day.

In addition to the live race broadcast, SIRIUS will take fans into the cars and pits by devoting up to 10 additional “Team Talk” channels that will carry the driver-to-crew communications of up to 10 different race teams during NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series races. SIRIUS will combine the race broadcast with the driver-to-crew chatter on these channels, allowing fans to follow the overall race call and the in-car audio of a driver on a single channel throughout the race. The channels will feature top drivers based on the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series standings. The lineup of drivers and their channel assignments will be available at www.sirius.com/nascar prior to each race.

Listeners will hear drivers and crew chiefs schedule pit stops and discuss strategy over audio of the overall race broadcast. When the team members are not on the radio the audio of the live race broadcast will come up allowing listeners to follow the entire race uninterrupted.

“SIRIUS will provide NASCAR fans with a true insider’s experience on race day, taking them inside the helmets of the drivers and making them feel like a member of the pit crew,” said Scott Greenstein, SIRIUS’ President, Entertainment and Sports. “By layering the driver chatter over the race broadcast and alternating between the two, we’ll provide a way to follow the race like never before. Fans can stay on a single channel for the entire race and get inside the car while being able through their SIRIUS radio to follow all the action on the track.”

“NASCAR eagerly awaits SIRIUS’ 2007 NASCAR Radio launch for programming just like this,” said Paul Brooks, Senior Vice President of NASCAR and President of NASCAR Digital Entertainment. “SIRIUS will provide coverage of every one of our national series races and will also add exciting, unique channels and programming like these driver channels. NASCAR is committed to setting standards for putting fans inside our drivers’ cars, so they can better appreciate the strategy, drama and thrills of NASCAR racing. This will allow avid fans to experience the sport in a new way, while helping to attract new fans as well.”

As the Official Satellite Radio Partner of NASCAR starting in 2007, SIRIUS will broadcast every NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series, NASCAR Busch Series and NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race, carrying the live broadcasts of Motor Racing Network (MRN), Performance Racing Network (PRN) and the IMS Radio Network’s broadcast from Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

In addition to live race coverage, SIRIUS will launch SIRIUS NASCAR Radio / channel 128 in January. The channel will air 24 hours a day, seven days a week and will include live races, plus daily and weekly talk programs, including Tony Stewart Live, a two-hour show hosted by the two-time NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series champion and veteran pit road reporter Matt Yocum. A detailed schedule of programs and hosts on SIRIUS NASCAR Radio will be announced prior to launch.

a good idea, but i see a problem with this.

sirius has a 10 - 20 second delay. when you here them talk to their pit crew it will be a big delay when you are watching on tv. when i use track pass, i pause the tv for about three seconds so everything snycs up. i guess i could pause for the longer time and sync it up, but this will drive people crazy whe don't have a dvr.

however, it will not be a problem with people only listening on the radio.

a good idea, but i see a problem with this.

sirius has a 10 - 20 second delay. when you here them talk to their pit crew it will be a big delay when you are watching on tv. when i use track pass, i pause the tv for about three seconds so everything snycs up. i guess i could pause for the longer time and sync it up, but this will drive people crazy whe don't have a dvr.

however, it will not be a problem with people only listening on the radio.

Very true and I have heard the delay will be less than 30 seconds for sure. :hatsoff:

i am actually looking forward to it. right now i get track pass for free with my cable compmany, but i won't have it for free next year. just hope they have my drivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts