Sirius Visor..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dgenx321

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Calcutta, Ohio
Has anybody used one yet. I have XM right now and want to get Howard in a couple weeks.

Any comments on it would be awesome.

Thanks..

Were you just looking for a low cost receiver or was there something about the visor you liked? I would go with something that has a bigger display unless you are really tight on space or something. Here is a review I pulled from amazon on it

Pros:
-Good price.
-Good mounting options. Clips onto your visor or uses powerful suction cups to mount on the windshield like a radar detector. The bracket is adjustable. The display will flip so you can have the unit upside down and still read the display.
-Adequate number of presets. 6 bands, 6 presets each for 36 presets.
-Wheel type knob to change the channel. It is easy to grab the wheel and start spinning--although it is a little slow going through the channels.
-Remote control.

Cons:
-One line display. You take your eyes off the road while waiting for a song title or game score to appear.
-You can't type in a channel number without the remote. Only the wheel works for that on the actual unit. Just like a VCR or TV, I hate it when you have to use the remote only for certain functions. Presets work from both the remote and the unit.
-Button layout on the remote could be easier to use. If they had used a standard telephone button layout for the numbers, it would make for easier typing--especially while driving. The button layout they use makes it a long reach for your thumb to go from one side of the remote to the other.
-No memory.

the visor is made by xact,and it is a very high quality product.it is very compact and easy to use,however i think i like the sirius unit called "sirius one" it is made by a company called directed electronics inc. i like the display on this unit a lot better.
it is also very compact and it has a more durable remote control.
the price is the same,normally around 49.00 dollars some times even a little less.
this is a great entry level receiver for the same price as the visor.

I bought the visor a couple of weeks ago. I really like it. The size is right, and I didn't really care about some of the features it lacks. If your looking for something small, this is the unit for you. I love it mounted to the windshield next to my radar detector.

Dgenx321 said:
I see that they make a home kit for it.
Any of you have that extra feature?

Sams club sells this with the home and car kit for like $80.. I just finished installing mine in my truck.

I have mine in my office hooked into my comp speakers. I am loving it. It also can be hooked into my surround sound in the living room with the audio cable included. It works great indoors. I got mine on sale for 29.99 at sears and the home kit at crutchfield. Works great.

I was curious about Sirius Satellite radio and if I was going to like it. So I picked up the most least expensive receiver (Xact Visor) at best Buy for 46.99 and got a $20 gift card with it. So for I've been extremely happy with it and Sirius. I Decided I was keeping it so I hard-wired it in to my Hyundai Tucson and installed an FM modulator. See pix here...
f069re2.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)