Sirius wont give up getting me back as a customer

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Damn Sirius wont give up getting me back as a customer.

Cancelled a week before christmas due to a few reasons
-the extra fee
-I dont drive as much
-money

This week alone I have received 7 phone calls (2 each day and one today) from them (I wont answer but one time I called back and it said Sirius), 3 e-mails including a "welcome back" one which offered me like 2 months free with 6 months and now today I got this "urgent" open now priority mail blah blah blah thing. Open it and its for 5 months for 20 bucks or a year for 6.50 a month if I reactivate

Damn dont they give up? The radio broke so it doesnt matter anyways :)

I cancelled sirius about 3 months ago. After having service at least 5 or 6 years. I think it's funny, they will offer you the world after you have cancel. But, no rebate or free months when you are paying for 6 years. I might would stuck it out longer if they did.

Heavie
I was a customer for 4 years and paid for a year at a time. Other than the "1 month free" thing they do with a yearly sub they didnt offer me anything else. Now they offering me the world

They'll probably offer to send you a new radio too. I know someone that was calling to cancel and said the radio broke. They sent him a new radio and the boom box that would fit it, since his old boom box would not fit the new unit.

the radio broke after I canceled ;)

Funny part is my old radio that I swapped out 2 1/2 years ago for the one that I had until I canceled (the old box type unit) still works just fine. I don't get all the channels...I know Hardcore sports is one of them (98)

I get tons of mail from them since I canceled over a year ago.. good thing that they had a landline # I also canceled a while back, so no calls at all.

All their mail gets shredded as soon as it arrives.. Satellite radio for me? No thanks, I enjoy the free Internet radio and HD radio.

I called and canceled also after being a loyal customer for three+ years with two radios. I drive a lot and really enjoy the internet radio while at work, I work in a steel building, not close to a window so have no signal for my boombox. After I received my renewal billing on Dec. 25th, get to work, turn on the internet radio, and oh by the way, we need another $3 a month to listen. Just hit me wrong when I saw the renewal amount on my cc, for 2 radios for 2 full years. I cracked, called and cancelled. I hated doing it, but yes they offered me all kinds of options to keep me too. The little fees that everybody seems to keep coming up with just kill the deal. Give me the internet radio and I will consider, but not until then. So we'll see if the find a good offer for me to renew with.

I still get emails begging me to comeback despite canceling two years ago (three?) Luckily they don't have my phone number or I'd have to buy a boat horn for when they call.

They email me once a week to come back.. now offering me full service for $4 a month.

Only reason I canceled Sirius was because I have XM built into my Truck and my wifes car. With the Best of Sirius package I get everything I was listening to on Sirius... without sirius...

I threw all my sirius radios away.

If you no longer have a business relationship with them tell them that the number they called is registered on the federal Do Not Call Registry as well as your state registry and that you will file a complaint if the calls continue.

I am not sure that this even applies to firms that you did have a relationship with but it stopped 3 banks from calling me. Of course if the calls are recordings it might not get you too far.

I think its biz relationships within the last year

anywho they stopped calling Monday...no calls in 2 days :)

Probably so. But like I said the threat was effective in other cases. not sure it would be to Sirius but it might be worth a try. your call. No pun intended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)