Sirius/XM Android App released

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Better late than never, the Sirius XM Android app is now here. Same channel lineup as iPhone and BB apps. It's not on the Marketplace yet, so make sure you tell your phone to allow you to install non-marketplace apps. Works great on my soon-to-be-returned Nexus One. Navigate to this link on your Android phone.

http://www.siriusxm.com/android/

Better late than never, the Sirius XM Android app is now here. Same channel lineup as iPhone and BB apps. It's not on the Marketplace yet, so make sure you tell your phone to allow you to install non-marketplace apps. Works great on my soon-to-be-returned Nexus One. Navigate to this link on your Android phone.

http://www.siriusxm.com/android/

Installed it earlier on my Droid. Works just like my Itouch.

just wondering why are you returning your Nexus One?

Just noticed that too... Having access to BTLS and Howard on the phone was one of the reasons I was waiting for it... The channels are available to online users who pay, so why not on the mobile player??

C'mon, Sirius.

EDIT: The download site's FAQ says "SIRIUS & XM offer all of the channels for which we have mobile performance rights. For that reason, certain channels which may be available on your satellite radio or online radio service may not be available on your mobile device."

Still using the trial, and I used it on a 70 mile drive home from Springfield yesterday, and it never hiccuped once. Droid was connected to the aux in on my car radio, and it worked like a charm.

That's weird... when I had my online streaming account the app I used on my WinMo phone had channels 100 and 101.
Let me guess, SiriusWM5? That's because that program connected directly to the internet streaming feed where those channels are allowed. The app versions don't use that same feed.

I loved that program, but it was abandoned and when Sirius XM changed their internet streaming protocols, it became useless. I believe you can still listen online by using Skyfire on the website on WinMo phones since WinMo has the WMP plug-ins that they use. It worked when I did it, but I found the feed to be choppy at times and it was very unwieldy to navigate on my Q9h.

OT: I've had mixed results on my N1. I was using it in the gym yesterday over their WiFi and the connection dropped like every 2-3 minutes. I had to keep unlocking my phone and opening the app to have it reconnect, because apparently it has self-esteem issues and won't do it for you unless you open the program up. I seem to have better performance over 3G, but I can't confirm this without more testing. Still, I was able to listen to it without interruption from my office garage to the 2nd floor today, so that was nice. Overall it is a nice app, and quite frankly, I'd rather have Sirius XM without 100/101 as opposed to no Sirius XM at all on my phone.

Yeah I used that one for a bit then there was another one that worked very nice, can't remember the name of that one. I think everything was hard to get around in on the Q9's though ;)

Yeah I used that one for a bit then there was another one that worked very nice, can't remember the name of that one. I think everything was hard to get around in on the Q9's though ;)
The same guy made another program as well, which I think was called Starplayer or something. I didn't like that program because I had to install .net 3.5 on my phone and it caused a TON of stability issues with other programs. I ended up deleting it (and the framework) and just went back to his original program. He even made a desktop app which was really nice, but then for whatever reason he shut it down. He was a good programmer but the guy himself was a dick in my opinion. He was beta testing that desktop app, so like any good beta tester, I brought up a few issues I had with the program. Well, he reacted like he had a special needs kid and I just called that kid a f-ing moron. He basically chastised me because my complaints weren't "valid" and that I was wasting his time and he does this on weekends and it's a holiday, blah blah blah wahh me!

Sorry for ranting, but the message he sent me (first he posted it publicly, then deleted it and PMed it to me) was a textbook example of how NOT to treat a beta tester. Maybe he used to work at Foxconn or something..

The Sirius App seems to work pretty good on my Evo! Will be nice to listen to Sirius at work. We try to avoid streaming audio/video on the 'net because of the bandwidth hit on our WAN...and my office can't get a strong enough signal for an actual Sirius radio.

It would be nice if it had a landscape mode, since the Evo has its kickstand to prop it up in landscape mode.

I've found the connection to be rather inconsistent at times. It really seems to have issues with using the WiFi connection. It will CONSTANTLY drop off and I need to unlock my phone every time in order to tell it to reconnect, which gets really annoying since I mainly listen to talk radio. You'd figure it was smart enough to just do it on it's own. Still, that may be due to problems with my phone as opposed to the app (Nexus One on AT&T.) Comes in handy in the bathroom though, and especially in cars that don't have Sirius XM (which is EVERY car I get into except for my own and my dad's.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)