SiriusXM sued for allegedly trapping customers in unwanted subscriptions

This has been tested before with various pay-TV companies with varying success. It isn't a slam dunk but there should probably be a "cancel at the end of my current paid subscription" option in these interactions.

I found Starz similarly difficult to get rid of and it was an automated process involving at least three "better" offers -- almost identical to my SiriusXM renewal process.

I left S-XM years ago over this, and will never go back. Better options out there, including your own music on a thumb drive.

• Love
Reactions: Bobby
It’s everything. Try to cancel HBO or any premium subscription through your cable provider online.
That is one of the reason why I stream.

Wish to add/cancel something, just click on that option on the site.

Reactions: N5XZS
There should be a law, where you can have easy access to cancel button on your satellite radio or TV receivers on a menu display!
As long as your willing to accept the consequences of an accidental or angst-driven cancellation (which may be much more damaging than with a streaming service -- ETFs and lost grandfathering).

I find using Apple as my Subscription Manager is easy enough to stop a subscription when I want. I can manage it from many of my Apple devices.

I went to turn on the National Sports pack on the myDish App and when I tried to check out, boom. Using the Safari browser and logging in to my account, I was done in a minute or two.

But yeah, wouldn’t it be far better if the SiriusXM App had a Subscription Management section?

Reactions: navychop