Siruis Xact XTR1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
I have a buddy that bought a used Xact XTR1 (like mine) for his kids. It will power up but will not go into the Sirius "welcome screen" which would then lead into the normal radio function so he can go to the preview channel to activate it.

My thoughts are because it gets power there my be something I easy we missed, or maybe it would be a simple repair. Does anyone have any ideas or Xact repair info for out of warranty items?

Thanks.

EDIT: Additional info, it turns out that the screen is "faded out" the radio was updating its channel list before, but we couldn't see anything. While we waited on a CSR the update finished and Radio Disney came in before we spoke to anyone. So any repair or exchange ideas on the bad screen?

charper1 said:
I have a buddy that bought a used Xact XTR1 (like mine) for his kids. It will power up but will not go into the Sirius "welcome screen" which would then lead into the normal radio function so he can go to the preview channel to activate it.

My thoughts are because it gets power there my be something I easy we missed, or maybe it would be a simple repair. Does anyone have any ideas or Xact repair info for out of warranty items?

Thanks.

EDIT: Additional info, it turns out that the screen is "faded out" the radio was updating its channel list before, but we couldn't see anything. While we waited on a CSR the update finished and Radio Disney came in before we spoke to anyone. So any repair or exchange ideas on the bad screen?
was the unit a refurb if so it should still be under warranty
i would either return it to the store or call xact customer service
i had the same issue before i got a new one from the company it wa under warranty it might be a connector issue

I think he got it from a pawn shop or news paper ad so no way to know if it was a refurb. Will XACT do an exchange; even at a small cost? Like I siad it the audio works fine, but the screen would be nice.

Additional:

I would like to start by saying thanks to those of you that sent me copies of the XACT warranty, but he already has a copy of the factory warranty and he knows it is not covered. We just wanted to know if there was any "screen fixes" or "repair centers" for units other than XACT. and if we had to go to XACT what costs are generally associated. Thanks.

BUMP - Anyone?

I think he got it from a pawn shop or news paper ad so no way to know if it was a refurb. Will XACT do an exchange; even at a small cost? Like I said above the audio works fine, but the screen would be nice. or Is there was any "screen fixes" or "repair centers" for units other than returning it to XACT. If we must send it back to XACT what costs are generally associated. Thanks.

My only suggestion is to contact Xact and see what they recommend.

Mailing address:

XACT Communication CONSUMER CENTER
C/O Southern Bonded Warehouse
7137 Southlake Parkway
Morrow, GA 30260

OR

e-mail:
info@xactcommunication.com

To speak with a customer service representative, please call toll free:

1.866.466.XACT (9228)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)