Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
Site very slow for me, every now and then getting this when opening a thread:

There seems to have been a problem with the database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

No site is not on the new server yet, we do have the new server but have not moved it yet.

Still slow here for me, looks to be an issue between datacenters.

I have Ler looking into it now.

8:35am here eastern time and it took me 3 mins to get into the forums, I noticed a slow down starting last night.

Looks like there was a problem with the network between the data centers and it also looks like the problem has or is being fixed.

As I mentioned we do have the other server up and running but have not moved SatelliteGuys there yet.

If the speed was not better by the time I got into my office I was actually thinking of moving it today, but things appear well again.

Scott, yep things appear to be much better and no more error messages.

I do have a side question though. I've notice that when I select new posts this thread doesn't show up. I've seen this also with another thread that I opened over in the D* section. With the new software, if you've looked at a thread, and then select new messages will thread that you have looked at not show up?

I got on tonight around 9:20 and maybe it was a server hangover from the Chat (Damn! Anything good happen?), but my pages are taking between 5-60 seconds to load. Other sites I visit are fine, so it seems to be a SatGuys ISP issue...

Because of the server issues we have not optimized our MySQL server. (Infact it is running with no configuration at all.)

We will get to that over the next few days.

Speed seems good again now. :)

The site is much nicer tonight. Very snappy.

However, I'm seeing a little yellow warning shield in the lower-left hand corner of my IE window (Done, but with errors on page). Expanding it shows a Syntax Error on Line 2, Character 1, Code:0 I looked at the source code and nothing looks bogus. Does anybody else see this?

It's interesting, DBSTalk shows the same error indicator with the exact same explaination text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)