Six dollar lease fee ,or HD enabling charge?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

record_breaker2004

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
Thought I understood this new deal of dishes ,so I ordered up my vip211 and dish 1000 install (I own a 811 with just a dish 500)and gave em my cc for the 49.00.
Then the rep mentions the 6.00 a month lease fee and I can keep my 811 if I want , or send it back for a $25.00 credit on my bill.So is this something new today or what? And is the 6 bucks charged only if i drop or don't activate a HD pak? I thinking twice about this deal, Can anyone clear this up cause I called dish again and they sure don't seem to know for sure.

If you do not have an HD package they charge you a $6 fee for the new HD boxes. There is also the extra receiver charge if you have more than one receiver. If you own an 811/211 you should have them make the 211 your primary receiver so it is included in your ATxxx package price and just pay $5 for the 811. If you have an HD package they waive the $6 extra fee (but you still have a fee for the second box unless you returned your 811).

So, if you were to have HD Bronze for example you should end up paying HDBronze+$5/month to keep the 811.

mike123abc said:
If you do not have an HD package they charge you a $6 fee for the new HD boxes. There is also the extra receiver charge if you have more than one receiver. If you own an 811/211 you should have them make the 211 your primary receiver so it is included in your ATxxx package price and just pay $5 for the 811. If you have an HD package they waive the $6 extra fee (but you still have a fee for the second box unless you returned your 811).

So, if you were to have HD Bronze for example you should end up paying HDBronze+$5/month to keep the 811.
Nope called them back this morning, and was told I would be paying a 6 dollar equipment lease fee regardless off what new HD programing I subscribe too.
The enabling fee would be waved once my programing is activated.

Yes they are two new and separate fees DISH started Feb. 1st. Most people won't see the HD Enabling fee because they will be subscribing to HD programming but many will be shocked to find they are paying a higher lease fee for each HD receiver.

record_breaker2004 said:
Nope called them back this morning, and was told I would be paying a 6 dollar equipment lease fee regardless off what new HD programing I subscribe too.
The enabling fee would be waved once my programing is activated.

When I upgraded one of my 811 to a 211, the CSR told me I would be paying a 6.00 lease fee for the new box. When I asked why he said that's the lease fee on the new HD boxes. I said to him this is replacing my primary receiver and should be included in my package. He then told me that when I remove the 811 I exchanged for the 211, the second 811 becomes my primary receiver. Hence the 6.00 lease fee on the 211. I didn't have time to argue with him, so said whatever.

I sent an email to the CEO email address trying to find the tracking number for my new receiver. As I was talking to the gentlemen I brought up the lease fee for the new receiver and explained to him what was going on. He assured me that my lease fee would not go up. He said the 211 will become the primary receiver on my account. I was also told if it shows up any other way to contact him at the email address he provided me and it would be corrected.

Don't get me wrong I could care less about the extra dollar. It just the way Dish is trying to squeeze every last penny out of us that is driving me crazy. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)