size of dish???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

emg

Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
0.k. i live in central west coast of florida want to get into c band, i do'nt have very much room for a big dish and i would like to know what is the minimum size dish i can use to get the c band sats. ???????

The most common is a 10" but if you really must go smaller (not recommended by me personally) you can get away with a 8.5' this is the smallest size to have good quality, anything smaller is not a good idea.

I currently know people running a 6foot dish catching 55.5W

emg said:
0.k. i live in central west coast of florida want to get into c band, i do'nt have very much room for a big dish and i would like to know what is the minimum size dish i can use to get the c band sats. ???????

slimmswitch said:
I currently know people running a 6foot dish catching 55.5W

I know people runing a 5' getting C-band but this is not a good size for proper C-band reception and on satellites on the more croweded end of the arc will have issues due to adjacent satellite interference from neighboring birds, a reflector under 8.5' is not 2 degree compliant though 8.5' and larger is, so again I woulr recommend the 10'

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)