Status
Please reply by conversation.

aegrotatio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
A Public Bathroom
Help me skew my dish

I have a Winegard 76cm and a Winegard 100cm and want to skew one of them to the curvature of the arc around these parts. I want to have a straight line, more or less, of LNBFs and skewing the dish will solve it for me.

How might I go about doing this to a fixed dish and has anyone done this? Are there kits that can put skew mounts like on my DiSH and DirecPC dishes?

Maybe you can off-set (Tilt) your pole/mast. Have a look below, thats what I did with my 40" PrimeStar dish, I off-set the mast to 45º the same as my Latitude!

Attachments

• Pict0127.JPG
    Pict0127.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 264
Your best bet is motorizing the 1 meter dish, especially if you are only going to 1 reciever. While i really like my 76 cm winegard (my first ku dish) nowadays up here in the northeast it just wont get all the signals i want.

you could do offset LNBFs, but really it wont get you a lot of the arc unless you go with a torroidal dish, and i dont hear a lot of good things about those

Thanks, I already have three LNBFs on this dish. When I had it on a motor it was very elegant with all the offset LNBFs in a straight line. Without the motor (and no skew) the LNBFs are unsightly. I bought a few Magic Brackets and they will be even more unsightly on a non-skewed dish but pleasant on a skewed dish.

I'll give these things a try but I'm hoping to find some sort of ring I can mount the dish onto.

I'd like to know if anyone has skewed a non-skewable dish. I want to skew the entire dish to put all my LNBFs in a row and possibly get better gain but it's a fixed az/el mount.

Merged threads, please try to keep all posts on the same subject in the same thread. It really helps us help you :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.