Skew and snow

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

shultz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
87W 40N
2 questions...do you need to adjust the "skew" on the qph-031 with a motorized dish? when i put this thing up, there wasn't any markings on the lnb or the lnd holder, so i just "eyed" it to be straight. most of my sats have a quality reading of about 97 EXCEPT the hispasat 30w sat and the galaxy 10r 123w sat which only get a q reading of about 68-72. if i get out there and move the lnb, will it improve the quality, or should i just leave it alone?
SNOW...whats a good product to use to keep snow from collecting on the dish? i've heard of people using "spray on pam" or just car wax. i want something that will keep the snow from collecting and not interfer with the signal.

i think you will get a few different opinions on whats best here. skew , the motor handles it . Now where zero on the qph is another story i have mine set with the plastic where it comes together sorta at the center. so everything sounds good except for a low SQ on a couple of sats ( and here s where opinions may vary.) any adjustments you make for g10 will affect the whole arc (unles its east/west movement of the motor) so finding a ideal SQ on G10 might take away SQ from the rest of the arc so you might have to settle on a little SQ loss on the arc to gain what you want for g10. hopefully i explained that where it won't sound too strange.

the rain shield stuff in the review area works great for me .... little rain fade or loss for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)