Skipping - Only on first hour of recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JKeats

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2005
weird issue with my new 508. i've noticed that the first hour of recordings (so like the first 2 half-hour shows) have skips and pixelation in them... the 3rd show however and all shows after that seem to play without these skips or pixelation.

any idea what the issue might be? could i have some bad sectors on the begining of my drive?

thanks!

Is it possible the artifacts were in the source? Have you had any heavy rain or thunderstorms lately?

NightRyder

no. these recordings were made on clear days. i just got it... and it's been like this since i got it so it's not like it wasn't happening before and just started. also, i recorded a number of shows on the same chan on the same day and it was just the first two half-hour shows that seemed to have the problems.

i guess it's not a huge deal... just kind of annoying. the shows are still watchable.

I noticed that on my 510, my recorded programs have been skipping lately. Also, if i'm watching a program delayed (ie., not live, but not recorded) it skips. I figured out that I got the new software download recently. Has anyone else had skipping problems after the new software?

I think my problem is the result of one of my trees growing so big now that it's in the path of the dish. See my other thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)