Sky angel and Disk Network

rodbender777

Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
I have had Sky Angel for years. I am thinking about adding dish network. I guess I have a lot of questions.

1. I know I'll need a new receiver. Will my old receiver just be replaced or do I need to use both of them.

2. Will I be billed for the second receiver which receives sky angel.

3. Can Sky Angel be part of a DVR setup through the Dishnetwork.

4. Am I considered a new customer with Dish since I have never utilized Dish programming before?

I have heard about the DishDVR advantage, does that work with Sky Angel?

I guess I'll start there.

Thanks

I get my Dish Network programming on the same receiver as my Sky Angel programming. I have a separate dish for each, but just one receiver.

I'm sure if you get a DVR, it will work with SA programming as well as with Dish programming.

I would think Dish would consider you a new customer, if you have never subscribed from them before.

Can't tell you about Dish DVR Advantage.

I have had Sky Angel for years. I am thinking about adding dish network. I guess I have a lot of questions.

1. I know I'll need a new receiver. Will my old receiver just be replaced or do I need to use both of them.
no you don't. Sky Angel & Dish are integrated into one reciever so you can have both with one box.

yes it can
4. Am I considered a new customer with Dish since I have never utilized Dish programming before?
yes you are a new customer with Dish so you do qualify for all new customer offers

I guess I'll start there.

Thanks

all recieovers will work with both Dish & Sky Angel together. If you sign up with Dish, dont say anything about Sky Angel because that'll confuse them. You'll get all the new customer offers. When the tech comes out to install, have them hook the Sky Angel Dish into the Dish500 setup and you will see both Dish & Sky Angel on the guide. You will have to call Sky Angel and tell them you swapped receivers to get the SA programming on the new receiver

You will only need one receiver to receive both, need additonal dish and a switch installed.

You would if you had a second receiver hooked up - but you don't need a 2nd one unless you want to.

Yes

Yes

I think so - but don't know for sure
Bob

Ice beat me, - comment I don't think you will have to call Sky Angel - dish will take care of it

Last edited:
I can forsee two problems.
First of all yes like others said you are fine with getting new stuff with dish. Just tell SA you have a different receiver and they will change your programming to that receiver.

First problem: You tell the installer to hook your 61.5 dish into the new set-up and he says WHAT?! Well that will cost.......you get the pic. Well if he/she is nice they will do it and charge a very low fee or do it for free; this is just a heads up.

Second problem: Ok I can do that but the dish you have is an old dish and it won't work, I can change the LNB to newer one,but here is the price. OR..I can do that but it will require a switch which is this price.

Anyway don't be discouraged go for it. However to intregate the 61.6 dish into your new set-up may require a few more fees.

I added DishFAMILY just last week. I asked a lot of questions before making the decision.
I was told I was NOT a new customer to DISH Network because I had Sky Angel already. I have never received any type of DISH programming or ever considered it before now. Sky Angel was my first satellite programming ever. I was surprised I was considered a DISH customer. But I had an account and everything I wasn't even aware of until last week. Obviously it has been $0.00 balance for the past 2 years.

I just turned my DISH antenna had the DishFAMILY package added to my account, starting receiving the channels almost instantly. I wanted to try DishFAMILY before I went out and bought a second DISH antenna. I actually canceled Sky Angel after starting DishFAMILY so I wouldn't have to pay for programming I couldn't watch. I do miss Sky Angel, but I like some of the channels on DishFAMILY. I haven't decided if I want to buy another DISH antenna or switch back to Sky Angel.

~MYB~

I am a lifetime subscriber to SkyAngel but even if I wasn't I would pay the $15/month. I do pay $5/month for an extra recieve and $24/year for the SkyAngel Guide. I see it as a ministry and am happy to support it. I also believe the best it yet to come.

I had been a Sky Angel Customer for a couple years but they seemed to get away from some of the programming I liked. BBN Radio, Gospel Music TV, Bob Jones Radio..all conservative programming.taken off of Sky Angel and replaced with HGTV, Fox News, Hallmark..I dont have a problem with adding these channels in itself, but it seems they are going away from ministry a bit by adding secular channels..Just my opinion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)