Sky Angel and ShifTV Launch Canada-Wide TV Service to Deliver 30-Plus Channels

Jimmy Dean

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
Southern Cali
American Satellite TV Provider, Sky Angel, and Canadian IPTV Operator ShifTV Launch Canada-Wide TV Service to Deliver 30-Plus Channels of Christian and Family Programming onto Canadian Television Screens

Sky Angel, the leading U.S. direct broadcast satellite (DBS) provider of Christian TV and radio channels plus family programming, and ShifTV Inc. of Toronto, Canada, a pioneer in providing Broadband TV (or IPTV, Internet Protocol Television) which can be watched on any television via a set-top box, have launched the Sky Angel multi-channel television service throughout Canada.

Sky Angel has agreed to provide more than 30 TV and radio channels of Christian and family programming to ShifTV for delivery via a high-speed Internet connection to Canadians' televisions using a set-top box provided by ShifTV. Among the advantages is the ability to watch programming through the TV and surf the Internet on the computer simultaneously using the same high-speed connection.

Among the TV channels currently available in Canada via Sky Angel IPTV are Sky Angel's kids and teens channel KTV; Christian music video channel TVU; Trinity Broadcasting Network's full suite of channels TBN, JCTV, Smile of a Child, The Church Channel and TBN Enlace; plus Safe TV, Familyland, Faith TV, Angel One and more. Additional TV and radio channels are expected to be announced next month.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070122/20070122005399.html?.v=1

If I'm not mistaken, ShifTV is the operator of IPTV's such as OverseaTV (Ukranian, Russian, Italian, German), and Arabian and PersianTV. Seeing this announcement gives me a little hope that this company will be around for a while. I'm just ordering the Italian package (just posted as $200 a year) that has 8 channels and will give it a review when it arrives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)