Sky angel Dish network at&t question

rodbender777

Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
I'll try and see if I can say this so it makes sense. But I need a little help.

I have been a lifetime subscriber to Sky Angel for about 7+ years. I own my equipment and have been happy with it.

I recently decided I wanted to add dish network. Through my AT&T rep I learned they have a deal for the dvr advantage plan that would be 39.99 per month for 10 months and 49.99 after that with an 18 month commitment. I thought this was a good deal. After talking she is putting in my info to dish and realizes I am a Sky Angel Subscriber and they can't put this new package on top of the SKy Angel package. She says I have to unsubscribe to Sky Angel for about 3 or 4 days get the dish package and then resubscribe to Sky Angel. Beiing a lifetime subscriber I'm leary about doing this.

So I call Sky Angel. The lady there says she hasn't heard of anything like this and states that I need to just deal directly with Dish network and there should be no problem. Of course you can see this decision would cost me about $100.

Does this sound right? If I deal with Dish directly what will be the advantage disadvantage? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Rod

It looks like mellowybird was right in his thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=788790&postcount=7 I thought you would be a new customer. I know that Dish has all of your information from signing up with Sky Angel, but didn't think you were "their" customer. If you are considered to be an existing customer - What kind of an upgrade deal will they give you?
Bob

This sounds weird to me also. Unless this is something new this year. I have several customers that are SA customers. I also have some that have both SA and E*. Also I know of two I can think of that are aquintances of mine that had SA and they owned their equipment. They decided they wanted Dish so I put them through got them approved went and installed all new equipment plus a dish for 61.5. I called and got them activated for dish. Then I called SA and gave them the new receiver number(s) and in a few day they had SA on their new stuff.
Sounds like at first you went through a retailer like me. Try again. I need to look into this. Maybe someone else knows.

Just to let everyone know Sky Angel and Dish are working well together. I really love the DVR feature for Sky Angel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)