Sky Angel Favorites

Spike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Suburbs of Milwaukee
Here is a list of my 5 favorite channels on Sky Angel and the reason I put them where I did.

1. Spirit - This channel provides Christian music videos. There is Great music here. It's very lively, not flat. Inspiring, quality!

2. TLN- This channel is very practical. It has many family growth programs. I've seen programs discussing Teens, dating, and Sex, Married Couple enrichment seminars, Christian counseling for Addiction programing, and much more. This channel fights in my mind for dominance as my #1 favorite channel.

3. BOTT- This channel provides a radio type broadcast of Christian sermons, discussions of various topics, and some music. And believe it or not, even people from "MY" denomination were interviewed one night. This channel has a very broad base of representation. I really like it.

4. LBN- I like this one because it has many many different speakers and worship service (video included)

5. Fox News Channel- Since I am only doing Sky Angel plus Dish's HD Channels, this channel is very important for a news source.

Now for my top disappointment

I'm very disappointed in KTV- the kids channel! Here is the one area that the quality of their programing can improve in my opinion. When my children say it is not hitting where they live, I accept them to be the authority as to what they like. And this channel just doesn't do it for them

Now, I'd be interested to hear about your favorite channels. What is more, I'm interested to hear what your favorite programs are. Please share your thoughts with me. And if you can help to guide me towards some of the better children's programing, I would thank you.

Thanks,

Spike :cool:

TV U Music Television -- My FAV! #1 reason I got skyangel back in 2001. I love their Christian Rock Videos...

I also love the fact that skyangel has added Fox News, I dont have to sub to cable or E* or D* to get news now! :)

yep, I love TVU, It's the sister network to "Spirit" (TV U started Spirit music channel after Praise TV disapeared from Skyangel)

I love TVU. If you haven't watched it before, check out the TEN MOST WANTED. It reminds me of MTV in the 80's. My wife will start watching Hallmark Movies.

You are right, KTV is worthless. My kids have NEVER watched anything on that channel.

BabaLouie, what, may I ask, is the reason you like FaithTV so well?

Also, Matt and MW, I can see why you like TVU so well. It is definitely Hard Rock! Interesting!

:cool:

I wish Sky Angel would carry some of the shows from JCTV on the "Teens" portion of KTV. I don't think JCTV necessarily needs a whole channel (although if SA ever gets another transponder back for their use, I wouldn't be against it.)

IMO, Faith TV is the best all-around SA channel because of the following:
--Solid teaching programs (Word Pictures, Way Of The Master, etc.)
--Old movies
--Christian films
--Biographies of great Christians
--Programs that give updates on missions around the world
--Great special series (How Then Shall We Live, etc.)

BabaLouie said:
IMO, Faith TV is the best all-around SA channel because of the following:
--Solid teaching programs (Word Pictures, Way Of The Master, etc.)
--Old movies
--Christian films
--Biographies of great Christians
--Programs that give updates on missions around the world
--Great special series (How Then Shall We Live, etc.)

I fully agree.
FaithTV is my favorite channel as well, along with TLN for many of the same reasons.

Jeff

I like 3ABN, channel 9710, almost all the time, and ksbn, channel 9711 on the weekend. I watch very little of the other channels on SA. Sometimes I watch an old Bonanza episode here, or I'll watch fox news discuss the Aruba case ad nauseum. Other than that, I like the other channels only because they keep SA on the air so that I can watch channels 9710 & 9711.

~ Kountzer ~

My favorite channels are Oasis, Bott, Moody, Family Radio, and Hallmark Movie Channel (well, when they get more movies, it will be). I have an FM transmitter on my receiver that allows me to get SA audio on every radio in my house -- have spent many more hours enjoying Sky Angel since I added that capability.

In my opinion, the overall value/quality of preaching/teaching programs is better on radio channels than on TV channels.

The diversity of answers about favorite channels shows that there's a place for a wide range of programming. I do like the additions of a few "secular" channels as I am much more likely now to make my viewing/listening choices from Sky Angel and not bother to switch back to regular cable -- that's a good thing.

Janet

I'm a late night owl, Janet. I have really become very fond of the radio stations as well. I find myself writing down the names of books etc. on different family life issues from those channgels. Bott is an excellent resource for that type of thing. The only addition I would like SA to add would be a Christian Sports radio channel for NFL, NBA, MLB, etc. But I realize that that could really be an expensive endeavor.

By the way, ever hear of Peoria? Our family has relatives there.

Kountzer said:
I like 3ABN, channel 9710, almost all the time, and ksbn, channel 9711 on the weekend. I watch very little of the other channels on SA. Sometimes I watch an old Bonanza episode here, or I'll watch fox news discuss the Aruba case ad nauseum. Other than that, I like the other channels only because they keep SA on the air so that I can watch channels 9710 & 9711.

~ Kountzer ~

I never watch 3ABN, but then I'm not SDA. SafeTV does have non-SDA programming that I do enjoy though.

Jeff

JeffH said:
I never watch 3ABN, but then I'm not SDA. SafeTV does have non-SDA programming that I do enjoy though.

Jeff

To me it's about relevance and logic. There was a time when I wasn't sda. They provided a more biblically logical approach to the gospel. It's as simple as that. There are some good christians and good preachers/teachers in all churches, and some of those preachers/teachers appear on SA. The ones that appear on 9710 & 9711 have a more logical and critically relevant gospel message. It's like listening to someone talk about Cain and Abel when the issue at hand is Noah and the upcoming flood. One is truth and the other is present truth. Present truth is more significant. My .02.
peace,

~ Kountzer ~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts