Sky Angel Hook-up help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dim

Original poster
Mar 22, 2007
Hello Sky Angel Groupies,
I know this is a much talked about topic but I still need help. I have had Sky Angel for years at home with two receivers. Recently I bought a dish setup for the lake house.

I took one of my receivers to the lake house and set up the eBay purchased dish and LMB. I dialed into the setup numbers for me: 139 AZ Elevation 42 Skew 90 degrees. Hooked everything up to one of the two locations on the LMB. Turned on the TV and receiver and can't find 61.5 for love or money. I turned the dish around and found 119 and the std Dish network (this comes in fine) but Angel is still eluding me.

What part of all this operation don't I understand? All suggestions greatly appreciated.

dim

Hello Sky Angel Groupies,
I know this is a much talked about topic but I still need help. I have had Sky Angel for years at home with two receivers. Recently I bought a dish setup for the lake house.

I took one of my receivers to the lake house and set up the eBay purchased dish and LMB. I dialed into the setup numbers for me: 139 AZ Elevation 42 Skew 90 degrees. Hooked everything up to one of the two locations on the LMB. Turned on the TV and receiver and can't find 61.5 for love or money. I turned the dish around and found 119 and the std Dish network (this comes in fine) but Angel is still eluding me.

What part of all this operation don't I understand? All suggestions greatly appreciated.

dim

Do you have a dual or a twin LNB ie can it bee used to see 110 and 119? If you have a twin your azmuth will be off 5 degrees left or right depending on which side of the twin you use. We need more info dish type lnb type zip code of your new location etc

Thanks RCWILCOX,
I have a dual LMB and my zip is 35572. The dish is a 500 and the receiver according to the internal 6.1.1 is a 500 system

dim

Thanks RCWILCOX,
I have a dual LMB and my zip is 35572. The dish is a 500 and the receiver according to the internal 6.1.1 is a 500 system

dim

Have you done a check switch? If you have a dual and not a twin you should not be seeing dish 500 it should read dish 300

Twin LNB looks like the picture quoted below. It is quite wide.

dish500_twin.jpg

Single LNB -- The Dual looks just like the attached picture but with a second connector at the bottom.

If you have a Dish 500 with a dual LNB, then the LNB may be off to one side or the other. This means you need to correct for that.

Also when aiming the dish at 61.5° you need to set the point dish screen to a dish 300. You then need to "offset" if the LNB is off to one side of the mounting arm

See ya
Tony

Attachments

• Single%20LNB.JPG
    Single%20LNB.JPG
    334.7 KB · Views: 202
TNGTony,
Thanks for the reply. I have a dual LMB like your picture.
We just got back from the lake and another failed attempt to lock onto SkyAngel. We did find 61.5 and got a signal strength of 100% but still no SkyAngel. We got a Dish something with an intro and 4 viewing options none of which was the Angel.

I noticed this morning while onto the Angel at home I was on 61.5 at transponder 32. Is the transponder a selectable item? I forget what transponder I was on at the lake at th 100%. Is this important?

Don

TNGTony,
When I query mu home Angel it shows Dish 500 should I still select the 300 on the lake unit? I am told by a sattellite installer that Angel is not available on a 500 system?

Very CornFusing!

Don

You can receive 61.5W satellite with a dish 500 with the twin LNBF. The installer is wrong. You just will only be using one side of the LNBF.

Set your receiver to 61.5, and with the dish aimed away from any satellite, run a switch test to clear any settings. set the transponder to either 25, 27, 29, 31, or 32.

Aim the dish for Compass Reading: 141.7 degrees and set the Dish Elevation to 41.6 degrees. Do not skew the dish.

Once you are on the correct satellite, peak the level. Sky Angel may not be activated on the receiver, so you may need to get a hit sent to the receiver by Sky Angel. Try holding the power button on the receiver front panel until the receiver resets. If the receiver is active with Sky Angle this will force the receiver to aquire signal and reload.

What he said. :)

If one of the 4 viewing choices is channel 9902 saying "congratulations you have a dish aimed at 61.5°" or something like that, you are aimed properly. Now it's just a matter of getting the receiver authorized if it isn't already. Receivers that arent authorized cannot see the channels even in the EPG.

See ya
Tony

This may not have any thing to do with it, but, I was told that the old Legacy LNB will not communicate with the new receivers. May need to check to see if you have a DP LNB on your dish.

gdoles,

Old (legacy) LNBs work fine with new receivers. I personally have 3 legacy dual LNBs hooked up to a legacy SW64 feeding a 622, 501 and 1000 receiver no problems.

Old LNBs don't work with Dish Pro switches and vice-versa.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)