Sky Angel

There's an entire Sky Angel forum which can probably address your question better. Sky Angel is not a DISH programming package. It's an entirely different service provider which has an agreement with DISH for use of some bandwidth on one satellite and its equipment. You won't find anything on DISH's website because DISH does not sell Sky Angel programming.

http://www.skyangel.com/

ralfyguy said:
Thank you chaddux. I was just curious what it is.

The Sky Angel website (linked above) has the full details of what it's all about.

Here is a link at their programming package:

http://www.skyangel.com/Programming/Index.asp?IdS=000B39-F099980&x=003|001&~=

They have a special going on right now. If you purchase one year of programming you will get $29.98 off (you are paying for 10 months instead of 12 months of programming - two months free). It's $149.90 for one year or $14.99 per month. There are a total of 36 channels in this package.

Well that's to bad then for me. I got DHA with Dish500 and 625 since about a month now. Can't get it with that equipment.

ralfyguy said:
Well that's to bad then for me. I got DHA with Dish500 and 625 since about a month now. Can't get it with that equipment.
sure you can you simply need to add a 61.5 dish

Well I live in Oklahoma and I am on 110W and 119W and there's trees around me. I got the dish mounted on the south wall of the house and it barely makes it above the top of the trees. Now facing 61.5W might be a problem, beacuse those trees there are even higher. My readings now are between 70-95 depending on satellite and transponder. Also I am a little short on money, so I don't know how much the install would be. My locals are coming from 119/110, 8 channels.
I know this is a different thread, but just wanted to mention that I do not have any of those issues what other's have with their DVR's like audio dropouts or blackouts, reboots, timers, time change from DST and such.
Absolutely working like swiss watch.

ralfyguy said:
Well I live in Oklahoma and I am on 110W and 119W and there's trees around me. I got the dish mounted on the south wall of the house and it barely makes it above the top of the trees. Now facing 61.5W might be a problem, beacuse those trees there are even higher. My readings now are between 70-95 depending on satellite and transponder. Also I am a little short on money, so I don't know how much the install would be. My locals are coming from 119/110, 8 channels.
I know this is a different thread, but just wanted to mention that I do not have any of those issues what other's have with their DVR's like audio dropouts or blackouts, reboots, timers, time change from DST and such.
Absolutely working like swiss watch.

The trees would be your only obstacle (other than the money, of course). You can see 61.5 from Oklahoma. I know 61.5 dishes are normally installed for $99 but I'm not sure what deals Sky Angel may have.

You would also need a switch (DP-34 if you have a DishPro Dish500) which would allow you to see three satellite locations at the same time.

I got a Directv Multi-Satellite Dish that is brand new, somebody gave it to me. It has everything but the LNB. Could just buy a DISH LNB and mount it on there?

chaddux said:
Is Sky Angel really Free-to-Air? I might need to get an FTA receiver if that's true.

whoops :)
I'm so use to moving stuff to FTA area....my brain kinda shut down for a minute :)

ralfyguy said:
I got a Directv Multi-Satellite Dish that is brand new, somebody gave it to me. It has everything but the LNB. Could just buy a DISH LNB and mount it on there?

Yeah sorry to butt in but I was wondering this too since I have a D* 18" with everything but a Dish Pro Dual and want to pick up extra Dish programming.

Sarang said:
Yeah sorry to butt in but I was wondering this too since I have a D* 18" with everything but a Dish Pro Dual and want to pick up extra Dish programming.

the only issue is the Dish LNB's have a "D" type slot and the Directv ones are rectangle...so it won't fit

If you are using DishPro, you'd need a Dish300 or Dish500
If you are using Legacy, what you have will work :)

Actually, I forced a Dish LNB into my old 18" DirecTv dish and pulled the coax cable very tight. I haven't had any problems in 2 years using it that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)