SKY MEXICO DALLAS/DUNCANVILLE AREA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
@chaskuchar I believe the Sky Mexico footprint is mostly out of footprint for the U.S., but I started getting signal with the launch of I-21 (I think they have powered down a bit more since then). I can still usually get 12140 V 30000, 12180 V 30000, 11959 H 30000 reliably. People in the SW U.S. and in the Gulf area can get the rest of the frequencies. Other than promo channels and slates, very little in the clear for me, but a neat bird to try for DXing :)

Thanks...What size of antenna and what brand of LNB are you using to receive those Tp's from Georgia?

Vallenato said:
Thanks for your information..
Included North of Texas like Dallas ???..

We have shipped several pallets to Dallas that are supposedly for Sky service. Not sure where they are resold.

Does anyone currently have Sky Mexico in the Dallas/Duncanville area?
I've been wanting to get my equipment but not sure how good the signal is.
I've seen quite a few bars north of dallas with Sky access.
seems to me, that asking locally would get the best answer.
Wherever you "get your equipment" would know and be able to demonstrate.
Plus, a peek at the dishes atop these bars should answer the size question .
The above information from SatAV should pretty much confirm.

And since we're talking about a scrambled pay service (?), I assume you'll need a local dealer with proper custom receivers.
Or at least a receiver that takes a suitable subscription card ... ?

I'm using a 90 cm and just a cheap universal ku-band lnbf from dmsi. Nothing is really in the clear except the Promo channels. If you could get all the transponders pretty well, you'd still have to get a special receiver from Mexico and a subscription to really watch. I think they have a VETV stripped-down subscription that is a one-year prepaid service that would work on this frequency. I believe there are a couple of SKY Mexico contractors in the U.S., too. But the problem would be if you got some but not all the TPs, such as in my case, you could end up paying for channels you can't even physically receive! I may still make inquiries if I head down to Mexico for a visit next year.

I believe there are a couple of SKY Mexico contractors in the U.S., too. But the problem would be if you got some but not all the TPs, such as in my case, you could end up paying for channels you can't even physically receive! I may still make inquiries if I head down to Mexico for a visit next year.

I know there are some Sky Mexico brokers in the US, a couple of days ago I checked one of their sites, but it still showed the old sat´s fooprint, so as you say it would be key to check reception in your area before making sub payments.

Has anyone else had any luck? Would I be able to use a C band dish with one of those C/KU band LNB's?
I keep reading that I need a dish that's 6ft or bigger but after doing some research, I couldn't find and KU dishes that big.
Some one please help.

Algien mas tiene señal de Sky en el area de Duncanville?

A C-band dish isn't going to help you. You might find a 6' Ku dish at a GM car or truck dealership that is not in use. A local J.C. Penney store has a 6' dish that isn't being used. You might even find an 8' Ku dish.

My thoughts are that the Dallas area should be able to get SKY Mexico with a 1.2 meter dish, although it shows it slightly outside the footprint. The reason I say that is that I'm supposedly way out of it over in Georgia, and get a strong signal on most of its transponders with just a 90 cm dish. Do you know anyone in Dallas that has SKY?

Actually, are there any readers of this thread around Dallas who can do a blind scan and see what transponders they get on 58W?

My thoughts are that the Dallas area should be able to get SKY Mexico with a 1.2 meter dish, although it shows it slightly outside the footprint. The reason I say that is that I'm supposedly way out of it over in Georgia, and get a strong signal on most of its transponders with just a 90 cm dish. Do you know anyone in Dallas that has SKY?

Actually, are there any readers of this thread around Dallas who can do a blind scan and see what transponders they get on 58W?

This is the Big question of the 60,000 dls..lol:confused:..Why Georgia, luisiana, New orleans and houston Yes you can go with 1.0- 1.2 mts and ...Dallas Nothing!!!:eek:
My Hypotesis is that the curve of the Footprint get down in Dallas Area but in the East coast like those states is kept firm up little bit
I have tested my fortec offset 1.0 mts (used before on pass 9 with 80-90 of signal) and nothing,...I have tested my sadoun 1.8 mts (prime focus) with Linear Ku LNB with Collar KU2C3 and nothing..One Proyect could be to test sadoun 1.8 mts plus one LNBF SL1P Geosat pro single but I think that this LNB could help just to get some minimal points on quality signal or kept some weaker signals not big improves like one Offset dish could give us.
I did research a lot about this and some users said that 1.2 mts offset you can get some signal but is not enough. Others tester said that they are getting some signal with 2.4 cm 8 foot prime focus antenas . I guess that those are solid (not mesh) ..If with 1.2 mts you can get some weak signals then 1.8 offset must be the size perfect so is good tips to start to look over the Roof on GMC dealers or JC penny's;)

Vallenato, are you in the Dallas area? If so, it's interesting that you aren't getting anything at all there, but you're right. The new footprint could be snaking around like that...headed more east than north.

Someone else in the Dallas area was using a 1.2m dish and would only get signal from 3pm to 10pm. Not sure why. But I have heard that the 1.8m is the one to go with. Problem I am having is finding one!
Would a dealer or JC Penny sell you the dish? I'll keep an out.

worth repeating

seems to me, that asking locally would get the best answer.
Wherever you "get your equipment" would know and be able to demonstrate.
Plus, a peek at the dishes atop these bars should answer the size question .
And since we're talking about a scrambled pay service (?), I assume you'll need a local dealer with proper custom receivers.
Those people either do or do not have it working, and will demonstrate if you act like a customer.
Whether in the end, you have a relative ship you a receiver from Mexico, is nobody's business. ;)

Someone else in the Dallas area was using a 1.2m dish and would only get signal from 3pm to 10pm. Not sure why. But I have heard that the 1.8m is the one to go with. Problem I am having is finding one!
Would a dealer or JC Penny sell you the dish? I'll keep an out.
I have heard the same thing but I am not sure. At least that the satellite has some issues or weather conditions like rain or cloudy too much I am only thinking that is his antenna or LNB is not very well installed and the signal is bouncing

I have heard the same thing but I am not sure. At least that the satellite has some issues or weather conditions like rain or cloudy too much I am only thinking that is his antenna or LNB is not very well installed and the signal is bouncing

I'm tempted to buy a 1.2m dish since I'm located a bit south of you guys...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)