SKY Mexico new SKY+HD is a rebadged HR23-700 from D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's a Hondurenian channel with a rather strong signal in Baja California (60 Q with a small 6ft prime focus) but from reports of 15-20 people who have been helping me to create a complete list of both SatMex satellites (about 120 channels total) it seems it's a bit weak in Mexico's interior, specially the central region and the west coast (Jalisco, Nayarit, part of Sinaloa) where at least a 4meter dish was needed in order to bring the channel without freezing (above 50Q) while it is strong again at Chiapas, Quintana Roo, Tabasco and part of Tamaulipas.

M.

It's a Hondurenian channel with a rather strong signal in Baja California (60 Q with a small 6ft prime focus) but from reports of 15-20 people who have been helping me to create a complete list of both SatMex satellites (about 120 channels total) it seems it's a bit weak in Mexico's interior, specially the central region and the west coast (Jalisco, Nayarit, part of Sinaloa) where at least a 4meter dish was needed in order to bring the channel without freezing (above 50Q) while it is strong again at Chiapas, Quintana Roo, Tabasco and part of Tamaulipas.

M.

no wonder I never knew of this channel, it never appears on blindscan because it takes like 10 seconds to load, had to manually scan it and wait. Getting it at 69% (weakish indeed, considering I get every channel on this bird at at least 90%) with the coolsat and the 10 footer, but more than enough for a stable signal.
Thanks for the heads up on this channel

what do i need to buy to use the big black old dish? im not even sure if it still works its been up in my house since i bought the house 4 years ago

no wonder I never knew of this channel, it never appears on blindscan because it takes like 10 seconds to load, had to manually scan it and wait. Getting it at 69% (weakish indeed, considering I get every channel on this bird at at least 90%) with the coolsat and the 10 footer, but more than enough for a stable signal.
Thanks for the heads up on this channel

You're welcome :), sometimes it can get pretty tricky to get the channel, but if your dish is fine tuned with that transponder or Canal Vea, you are good to go.

The other option (but with a rather bad picture quality) its SNT/Paravisión at 113ºW, they told me they were also on the verge of finalizing everything needed to carry all soccer games.

I'll have Univisión (91ºW) tuned for the world cup (its maybe one of the few tournaments i enjoy, watching brazil and argentina go at it with everything for the cup), and for those Telefutura games that we will not get, SNT/ViCA. At least beats the rather 'small' offering OTA in all of México.

Cheers!

M.

what do i need to buy to use the big black old dish? im not even sure if it still works its been up in my house since i bought the house 4 years ago

HI!, let's make a deal =)

Make a new thread at the C Band section, if you have the chance take pictures of your dish, the LNB, if it has cables running from the dish to the house, if you have analog receivers let us know, and we'll tell you what to do once all that info is gathered (it can be as simple as connecting the incoming coaxial to the FTA receiver and scanning, or as complicated as buying a new LNBF, running new cable, or even buying a used analog receiver to switch polarities if the LNB is of the analog kind).

Let's get you going before the world cup begins, i'll assure you you'll be good to go pretty quickly.

=)

Cheers!

Mike

Thank you for the info! What would happen if I bought the receiver? Right now I have Sky in Los Angeles and to get it here in the U.S. you have to buy the equipment. If I cancel Sky I'll still have this SD receiver. Do you think I would be able to add it to the new account I make in Mexico?

This SKY+HD is still unbelievably expensive for the amount of HD channels offered. I have family sticking with their SD units and none want to spend the 500$ to see less then 20 HD channels

Memo: Well, sky until a few months ago (well a year, give or take) worked pretty different in respect to Directv/Dish.

If you want to add another receiver to an account then those 2 (or more) receivers need to be on the same house, otherwise they won't work, i'm not pretty sure on the why, one of the explanations i heard from people trying to find the 'why' so they could have one in the US and one in Mex. with their families, was that once you call them to upgrade your account (add a receiver) they ask you 'which receiver will be the master?", you answer them, give them the info of the receivers (master and slave) and they tell you "for the slave to work, the master always needs to be connected to the electrical outlet (no need to have it always ON)".

I can't tell you if still it's the same.

In any case if you plan on having both receivers in the same house it won't be a problem, you can call them and tell them you want to make sure if a receiver you have can be subscribed to another account (if there's no money owed from the original account then everything its fine).

900 dlls it's a LOT for a receiver, unless that guy it's selling it with 2 months of paid subscription, check the prices (for new customers):

For a new subscription (includes installation and one month of FUN package, i don't know why it's cheaper the HBO/MAX package, i guess because monthly costs more and they'll hook you up with a 24 months obligation), it's cheaper to pay with a credit card (remember 1dll it's like 13 pesos):
fFqls.jpg

Monthly subscription to the FUN Package (the one needed to get all World Cup with no added cost), every month you'll have to pay a rent for the receiver (about 20 dlls per month for 1 HD receiver):
41st5.jpg

It's a bit confusing but, here, let me see if i can make it clearer:

Installation (1 hd receiver) using credit card:
$889 pesos, includes 1 month of FUN package = roughly 70 dlls

After that first month and for the next 24 months (eitherwise you'll be penalized, the first month doesn't count because it's 'free'):
$429 pesos (package) + $200 pesos (for the rent) = $629 pesos with HD included (roughly 45-50 dlls per month).

For calculation purposes let's go with the highest number, 50 bucks, so, in the end you'll pay in your obligated 24 months:

$70 dlls = Subscription+installation with HD receiver
$50 dlls per month for 24 months ==> $50x24 = $1,200 dlls
---------------
$1,270 dlls for a two year subscription with the FUN package, using a credit card (cheapest of the three payments).

There's also another way, if you upgrade your existing account to include another receiver (an HD):

If your account its less than 18 months older, $889 pesos for the HD receiver:
8uzIw.jpg

If your account it's 18-48 months old, $519 pesos for a HD receiver
xx6tl.jpg

Older than 48 months, $349 pesos for a HD receiver:
kiS1W.jpg

Thank you for the information! Yeah I want both receivers in the same house. I think I will just sell the receiver I already have and just rent both in Mexico. I was told that in the U.S. You HAVE to buy the equipment. You can't rent it.

Thank you for the information! Yeah I want both receivers in the same house. I think I will just sell the receiver I already have and just rent both in Mexico. I was told that in the U.S. You HAVE to buy the equipment. You can't rent it.

I called their 01-800 number yesterday and i was told an emphatic no on the possibility of me moving the receiver out of México, so i don't really know how it's handled, sorry =(

I called their 01-800 number yesterday and i was told an emphatic no on the possibility of me moving the receiver out of México, so i don't really know how it's handled, sorry =(

well of course they gonna say NO, just like if you ask DTV/DN the same hehe :D

well of course they gonna say NO, just like if you ask DTV/DN the same hehe :D

Well, they DO have permit to sell it to other countries, so i tought they now had a permit to sell it to the US, it seems they can only sell it to centroamerica, and since they list their prices in dollars for the rest of those countries... ;-)

Does anyone know if the Sky HD channels are only on spot beams or they are available for the entire footprint??

I just checked on satbeams.com and it doesn´t show any spotbeams, the footprint is shown covering central America and the Caribeean, I didn´t know about that.

Intelsat 16 was moved from 58.0W to 79.0W position appears with different Footprint to cover Latin America. Right Now have some scramble channels from Sky

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts