Sky Mexico

Discussion in 'Free To Air (FTA) Discussion' started by armadillo_115, Mar 28, 2016.

1. armadillo_115

armadillo_115 Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Pro

I was playing around with KU today and decided to scan IntelSat 21 @ 58W.Much to my surprise , 50+ Sky Mexico channels scanned in. SQ's at 70% when the wind isn't rocking the dish and causing the signal to disappear. I'm sure more channels would scan in if the dish wasn't bouncing around and I bothered to try it.

Now I know those channels are scrambled and useless to me...but...I believe that gives a fair test of the CK1S lnb.According to what I found online,SW Virginia is NOT in the footprint.So,is anyone else able to lock SkyMex this far North and East?

I seem to be locking about all KU transponders across the arc that are possible,including several posted feeds that I have tried.:) I do have problems with the 10 ft dish shaking in the wind at times though.It rarely bothers a C Band signal but can be rough on some of the KU signals.(Due to actuator slop)

2. lost_mesa

lost_mesa SatelliteGuys Pro

I'm not in the northeast, but I am outside of the footprint. Decent signal here from the Sky Mexico channels, so I don't think the footprint map is accurate.

N5XZS likes this.
  3. armadillo_115

Well burst my bubble...I thought I was doing something.Lol.
    Still,I'm happy with my results so far. :biggrin

N5XZS and lost_mesa like this.
  4. N5XZS

N5XZS SatelliteGuys Pro

I have no problem picking up this bird, at 58*w the signal here in New Mexico comes in at 69 to 72%:)

5. nycrich

nycrich SatelliteGuys Pro

I get all transponders on 58W using an Amiko A3 and a 36 in dish with a USUAL motor. As per Lyngsat the first few transponders on the Mexican sat is DVB S2 Mpeg4 , so this might explain why you might not be receiving all transponders on this sat. I am in West Palm Beach and get this sat at 80% signal level. Using a QHP 031 lnb (linear-standard & circular).

6. lost_mesa

lost_mesa SatelliteGuys Pro

I recently read a post on another forum from a guy in France who locked one of the Sky Mexico signals. I am very humbled.

Titanium likes this.
  7. DJdish

DJdish SatelliteGuys Master

There´s a new Sky Mexico bird at 78.8 W.
    I was checking the footprint on satbeams and it looks like it has a much wider footprint than the bird @ 58W

8. armadillo_115

I saw a post about the 78.8 bird elsewhere this morning.I tried earlier but I couldn't find even a hint of a signal. I 'think' there is nothing ITC there anyway?

9. DJdish

DJdish SatelliteGuys Master

Not really, just checked in lyngsat and it shows a promo channel ITC only,

Even though this bird @ 78.8 has a much broader footprint than 58, satbeams doesn´t show it to cover the northern US.

10. goaliebob99

goaliebob99 SatelliteGuys Master
    Supporting Founder

It's there... I know.. I am most definitely in the footprint, I am not sure how far the footprint actually reaches, though, but if your anywhere in the southwest you should have a good view of it. There are a couple of channels ITC, but they are customer promo channels. Nothing to write home about.

11. azsatGuy

azsatGuy New Member

Just out of curiosity, but does anyone know if a DirecTV HD dish is compatible with a Sky Mexoco MH01-500 receiver to receive paid programming? I have the receiver, but need a new dish, and figured it would be easier to just get a DirecTV HD dish from ebay. I have heard that some of the components are interchangeble, since DirecTV owns a part of Sky Mexico, and in a crunch, subscribers have used different components.

12. harshness

harshness SatelliteGuys Master

The LNBs are not compatible.

Separate names with a comma.

More...