Skyangel Denies Refund to Deceased Person

rroes

Oct 4, 2006
BEWARE....Skyangel will give no refunds if you have paid an annual subscription and wish to discontinue service.
EVEN IF YOU DIE......We had just renewed my mother's annual subscription of Skyangel programming but she became ill, was in the hospital and died a month later.
They asked for copies of the death certificate and a letter which I sent and was then informed me they would not refund the money. But we are getting mail asking for her to come back as a customer....HOW BIZARRE. They also say she can use the service for the full year....not sure how they figure that is going to happen?
RECOMMENDATION: Only subscribe by the month....you save very little money by paying the annual rate.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Are there any legal ramifications to this decision? What is the terms in their user agreement.

And to think this is from a Christian TV distribution company, I would hope they use Christian values in their decision making, but it doesn't look like it.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
why couldnt you or another member of your family aset it up and use it until the end of the year

andrews777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 5, 2004
While it seems hard, it is also unfair to expect to back out of an agreement if you didn't have a provision to do so already. I assume the annual subscription is a bit less than the monthly sub. If so, you we paying for the discount by committing to the entire time. I see nothing imoral here, except possibly slamming a group for holding to a voluntarily made agreement.

Brad

jegrant

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 5, 2005
I agree that this is a difficult situation, but Sky Angel tends to stick by its contracts, and expects other parties to do so as well. I think Iceberg has the best suggestion, that either someone else in the family could use the remainder of the subscription, or perhaps it could be transferred to a friend who would like to try SA*.

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
All satellite services have this clause in their contracts/agreements: "all programming payments are non-refundable"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)