SKYWAYUSA is a joke

raulgod

Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
:mad: Ive had skywayusa for over 7 mths now and its worthless, fighting with it every night, customer support is terrible . to much invested in this garbage to have these problems, such as went threw 3 LNB's so far, 2 modems and have green signal. Report to better businnes bureau is not far off, if anyone else has problems with this business please let me no.

raulgod@yahoo.com

Raul where do I begin!
These hacks clearly are into a ponzi scheme imho; I got used by them and sweet talked to death, I just ran away last month embarrassed, is how I now feel.
The billing people iced it for me trying hard to double bill me. I have a dispute with cc and I may want to litigate in small claims court even!~! If we can find enough people not too embarrassed to admit they got taken by skyway a class action should be enough to shut them down.

SkyFX looks good right about now. Its $40 a month for 500K and transmits back with a phoneline and there is no FAP although I read where they had one temporarily then removed it. There is no contract with SkyFX either and the hardware is $150 that can be easily installed yourself. Who knows if SkyFX will end up the same way though but I've read where they have been adding a number of customers. One might as well go with the $50 satellite package though by the time they mess with a phone line and it is not available everywhere due to no local phone ISP unless you do not like FAP.

Yes I hear where your coming from Carl Regular, lucky for me DSL Is available to me now so as soon as I get the DSL Activated skyway can kiss my ass. funny that you said about the small claims court cause I was thinkin the same thing. I figure if i cancel early Id have to pay for 2 months cause they owe me a credit. Anything to get away from them. Still have and yes still doesnt work, told me that both satelites are down. So screw em, southern hillbilles need to get there head out of there ass or they wont be in business much longer.

IMHO, this is the same for all satellite providers. Even ones that a lot of people praise, have some customers that aren't happy.

It is ridiculous in my opinion why anyone has to pay as much as we--those of us without DSL/Cable--have to pay for broadband internet via satellite. Considering my local phone company is offering DSL Basic (768Kbps Download, don't know the upload but I'd say 128Kbps) for $14.95. If I was just 1 mile closer to town I could have DSL.

Anyways, we pay this much money and we get crap service. Slower speeds, latency, FAP, less stable, etc. for 4 times as much $ as DSL (I have Hughesnet, $59.99 divided by $14.95 is 4.012709..... not to mention I'm in the middle of a contract for $99.99 for my hardware, got about 2 months left before price comes down)

I know that there are limits to satellite broadband internet. Latency being one of the drawbacks of such a long distance between my computer and the net. However, that is more of a reason why satellite internet isn't worth the $ we have to pay. I'd be will to pay this much for DSL for 1 year, if ATT would extend their service area to include me. After that 1 year I'd want the same price as everyone else.

Is Skyway working for anyone? Lot of people say the service is down (not the satellites - if both satellites were "down" then it would say so SOMEWHERE on the net OR the NASA page, LOL! Has Skyway said when they would fix this issue? What about the contracts - if there is no service then the contract should be null and void? (Logically).

Yes I have been having so much fun with these idiots!I had it for a year. Installation was a pain..try and locate the signal. Then two modems and lnb in the year. They charge you for a replacement and then try and get your money back!! Promise credit for monthly charge..then change there mind and credit on your card!! Still trying to get that for last two months!!! They know me by name every week when I call! Each time a new excuse! So out almost $300 Time to go to court for $60.00

The latency is bad with the phone connection but ok once you start downloading the speed is good. Works well in rain and snow but sometimes disappears for a day in clear skys???

And now they have been down for a month with no schedule for when they will be up and running again.

Better Business Bureau here I come!

i just installed a wildblue system for a woman the other day she had skyway here in michigan she said shes been down for almost a year after skyway "lost communication with the satellite" lol and they kept telling her 3-4 weeks 3-4 weeks everytime she called and they told her when they were back up and running she would have to purchase a new dish and modem nothing like trying to drain the customer dry.

It's a shame because I think it would have been a great solution to have cheap internet with cheap hardware that anybody could setup. If one could set this up with a cell phone as the dialup transmitting back then that would make it a great portable system to take anywhere you go.

We are with you too, Raulgod! We just finished our 1 year contract with Skyway and never once got high speed internet. Their customer service was the worst ever. I've never been treated that bad by ANY customer service in my life. Now we have asked them to cancel our account and they won't respond. I've already been on the BBB website and they have several complaints. They are about to get one from me.

THERE IS A GOD, I told those dumbshits from skyway there will be no more, since I never signed a contract thank god dont have to piss around with them anymore. Good luck to all and if you go with skyway your asking for bigtime trouble. Skyfx is the way to go and all your equipment well dish works with skyfx have to get new modem.

Skyway USA

Dear Skyway customers,

I am new CEO of Skyway USA and first I wish to apologize to all customers who have received bad service from us in the past. Quite frankly, we ran out of money.

The company is undergoing new funding as I write, and we have migrated our service to a new satellite AMC-4, which is visible to 98% of the USA. Our service is currently operating again, and we are adding new subscribers at this time. Please navigate to skywayusa.com for more details.

For any and all customers who have been mistreated or unsatisfied with our service in the past, I invite you to send an email to my personal mailbox (chayward@skywayusa.com). I promise to review the situation and reply with an offer to make things right.

Thank you,
George Dick
CEO
Skyway USA

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Skyway customers,

I am new CEO of Skyway USA and first I wish to apologize to all customers who have received bad service from us in the past. Quite frankly, we ran out of money.

The company is undergoing new funding as I write, and we have migrated our service to a new satellite AMC-4, which is visible to 98% of the USA. Our service is currently operating again, and we are adding new subscribers at this time. Please navigate to skywayusa.com for more details.

For any and all customers who have been mistreated or unsatisfied with our service in the past, I invite you to send an email to my personal mailbox (chayward@skywayusa.com). I promise to review the situation and reply with an offer to make things right.

Thank you,
George Dick
CEO
Skyway USA

And we are to believe in a company where the CEO uses a NETZERO address?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
I am a new SkyWay customer. I did the installation myself and got a signal the moment I hooked up! The modem set-up was a little tricky but we got it figured out. I am getting downloads at 390kbs for $23.95 a month and so far could not be happier. I retained my old dail-up ISP in a slimmed down version for about $12 a month. In this way I kept my old e-mail address and access it through Outlook while using SkyWay for conectivity. I'm cruising the web at at least 5 times the speed of my old dail-up connection. I added it up and my total bill is about $7.00 more than before. I only hope things continue to go this smooth.

I was thinking about going with SKYWAY until I heard that they dont have a local ISP and you have to use your own which makes the service higher in cost and then read about the issues people were having on here. I'm now trying to expand wireless broadband service to unserved areas.

Any more Skyway improvements?

Hi, my name is madpack17, and I am a newbie to this forum. So far I have
found lots of interesting post. My query is; any more improvements from
Skyway? Also, is there a connection between them and Brightstar? What
about Starband? I will keep reading posts, and try to pick a broadband supplier eventually..... DSL for me will never get here(18000 feet from main
phone switch.............)

After 3 months with skyway I will say that I am very disapointed. The only good thing I can say is it does work everytime. There basic package for $29.95 is so slow on the weekends that my dialup aol is as fast or faster. Sending them e-mails is like... well lets just say I have never recieved a reply. I even called today and tried to upgrade to the faster connection and they said sure, but would not promise it will be any faster during high usage and adding insult to injury wanted me to sign up for another year just to upgrade. It really is a shame because I had such high hopes and really did give a fair shake. Does anybody recommend a satellite braodband provider? I have 8 months to go...

Since you have 8 mo to go, wait and see what happens with the new HughesNet KA system which is suppossed to be up and running this spring. It looks promissing.

What are the benefits supposed to be of the new HughesNet KA system?

SPACEWAY

The high-powered SPACEWAY™ satellite will enable very high speeds in both directions while using compact, cost-efficient terminals. SPACEWAY will provide a variety of service options to meet every need—with upload speeds as high as 16Mbps and downloads as fast as 30Mbps.

The SPACEWAY satellites’ all digital architecture provides the highest levels of quality and performance. SPACEWAY incorporates a host of advanced techniques to mitigate rain fade, allowing the spacecraft to increase power in areas affected by rain and decrease power in areas which are dry and do not need the extra power. The very controls put into the system that allow the SPACEWAY system to offer such varied services also serve another key purpose. Those controls allow the system to guarantee bandwidth for services requiring guaranteed bandwidth. SPACEWAY—the epitome of quality.

SPACEWAY is a next-generation satellite system whose unique capabilities will enable high-speed data networking, enable groundbreaking applications, and unlock a wealth of value-added HughesNet services. Operating in globally assigned Ka-band spectrum, SPACEWAY employs high-performance, onboard digital processing, packet switching, and spot-beam technology to offer direct site-to-site connectivity at rates of from 512 Kbps up to 16 Mbps. SPACEWAY combines the traditional advantages of satellite, namely ubiquitous reach and efficient broadcast/multicast, with high data rates and mesh connectivity—to give customers a fast, efficient, flexible and cost-effective communications solution.

Through use of advanced multi-spot-beam antenna and onboard data processing technologies, SPACEWAY satellites are at the vanguard of the most advanced next-generation high-capacity Ka-band satellites. Such capabilities are the foundation for a host of advanced features such as full-mesh, single-hop connectivity among customer terminals.

SPACEWAY represents the most sophisticated advanced packet transmission infrastructure complete with IP-based user interfaces, satellite terminals, comprehensive network management and service management functionality, all optimized to provide end-to-end broadband access and network connectivity services.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)