SL3 and SL5 FOcal Point

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
100's are easy on an 18 in with 101 sat. Simply bring an IRD outside by the ODU and use a 2 ft. run straight into box....j/k

For the record, the correct protocal when dithering a kaku slimline 3 and reflector is to also dither 119 with the birddog after dithering 101. A SL3 LNB will peak out 119 if the birddog has it programmed.

100's are easy on an 18 in with 101 sat. Simply bring an IRD outside by the ODU and use a 2 ft. run straight into box....j/k

For the record, the correct protocal when dithering a kaku slimline 3 and reflector is to also dither 119 with the birddog after dithering 101. A SL3 LNB will peak out 119 if the birddog has it programmed.

An sl3 lnb doesn't see 119. How can it peak it out? I'm asking because I have never used one and I really don't know the answer.

I wish I had an answer for that. I just know that my birddog will pick it up. For some reason 119 is a very easy sat. to get good numbers on.

I GUARANTEE you 1000% your b-dog is NOT actually getting a signal on 119 with a 3-LNB - rather, when you switch it to 119, I'm guessing does not have the intelligence to see that when it sends the 22k tone to switch to 119, it does NOT know it's actually NOT switching the LNB to 119. (the 3LNB ignores those commands, so it sends the same signal out either way...)

Rather, you probably are doing a good enough job peaking it on the 3 birds & getting the tilt/skew adjusted properly, so that if you DO put a 5LNB on the dish, it gets a good signal on 119 anyway.

I GUARANTEE you 1000% your b-dog is NOT actually getting a signal on 119 with a 3-LNB - rather, when you switch it to 119, I'm guessing does not have the intelligence to see that when it sends the 22k tone to switch to 119, it does NOT know it's actually NOT switching the LNB to 119. (the 3LNB ignores those commands, so it sends the same signal out either way...)

Rather, you probably are doing a good enough job peaking it on the 3 birds & getting the tilt/skew adjusted properly, so that if you DO put a 5LNB on the dish, it gets a good signal on 119 anyway.
That sounds like a better answer. I do know that it would show a similar sig strength or exactly the same (101 and 119). They just replaced our birddogs with brand new AIM meters on Fri so now I'm having to learn how this bad boy works

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts