Slave PCI DVB to STB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

taelon721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
I was wanting to use a SG-2100, 90cm dish, QPH-031, motorized setup with a SkyStar 2 for blindscanning satellites. Wanting to use a Coolsat 5000 to move the dish. Is it possible to run the LNB through the STB, then "Loop Out" to the PCI DVB card? That way I don't have to worry about "burning up" the card like I have read about.

I am wanting to get heavy in the feeds, and sounds like using the PC is the best way, plus being able to using something like a TSReader to tell me what I am looking at, or being able to see a 4:2:2 feed.

Thanks....

Yes, that will work fine. Just remember if you do it that way, the polarity on the Coolsat will be what you get on the PC.
What I would suggest, is run a cable from the Coolsat to the motor (to be able to move the dish, with the Coolsat), from the motor to a diseqc switch, from the diseqc switch run 2 cables, one to a linear (L) and one to a circular (C) on the QPH031.
Then run a cable from the PC to another diseqc switch, and from the diseqc switch run 2 cables, one to a linear (L) and one to a circular (C) on the QPH031.
This way, you won't be saddled with the same polarity on both the Coolsat and the PC. Good Luck!

Al

Doesn't the Coolsat have the ability to pass-thru when in standby mode?
I have my Twinhan 1020a slaved to my Pansat 2700a and as long as the Pansat is off, I can view both polarities on any sat I have the dish pointed to. The only time I am limited to the same polarity as the Pansat is if the Pansat is powered up and I'm watching something with it too.
I haven't tried to move the dish while the Pansat is in Standby, as I don't think the Twinhan 1020a would power the motor that well. ( I could be wrong)
grusome

Doesn't the Coolsat have the ability to pass-thru when in standby mode?

Thanks, grusome and VoomVoom for the help. I know the Coolsat has a Loop Out just like the Pansat. So it probably works the same way. The STB probably has to be off, and then it Loops Out and goes down the line to the DVB card in the PC.

I am wanting to get heavy into being a Feed finder, but I guess the best way to do that is with a DVB card. So, I guess that is what I am going to do soon, just getting all the info I need, before I shell out more cash.

Is the TSReader the main program you use for finding feeds? And since the SkyStar 2 v2.3 has the ability to blindscan, what program is used in conjuction when scanning a satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)