slaving a 4dtv off a DVB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlariv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
I got an extra KU dish and DVB setup... I just boaught a DSR-922 for 100 bucks... I am wondering if I can slave the thing off the DVB ? or do I have to go out and buy a quad LNB and run a separate cable from 4dtv to LNB ?

PS. my DVB does have an IF out...

If I use the IF out, and slave the 4dtv, then the 4dtv can not switch polarity of the LNBF - right ? meaning I use the main DVB to get to a H channel, then 4dtv will bring in the H channels... and to get V channels, I have to switch the DVB to V channels ...

Is this right ? I would not need the switches in the diagram either - right ?

BTW - I am looking at using this 4dtv for Ku only... there is a 20 buck a month sub for my fav channels

IMO, why don't you just change your LNB to a dual on your dish (or better yet a Quad ( QPH-031 ) from Invacom. Then you do not need to deal with a polarity issue that you will be dealing with when slaving.

I'm with VfrJim on that solution.

Daisy chaining one receiver off another is a great way to test things, but as for a permanent solution...
- it's too restrictive on program selection
- it's too error-prone (too easy to blow something up)
(... that's just my opinion; you are welcome to disagree ...)

Oh, and one last thing , if your current LNB is Universal, then all the 4D channel numbers will be off.
It only works properly with a Standard.
The Local Oscillator frequency is offset by 150mhz, and the 4D can't compensate.
(...or so I've read in the BUD forum...)

thanks guys... thats what I am going to do... it will mean another run of cable, buts it worth it to avoid hassles

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)