slaving a 4dtv off a DVB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlariv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
I got an extra KU dish and DVB setup... I just boaught a DSR-922 for 100 bucks... I am wondering if I can slave the thing off the DVB ? or do I have to go out and buy a quad LNB and run a separate cable from 4dtv to LNB ?

PS. my DVB does have an IF out...

If I use the IF out, and slave the 4dtv, then the 4dtv can not switch polarity of the LNBF - right ? meaning I use the main DVB to get to a H channel, then 4dtv will bring in the H channels... and to get V channels, I have to switch the DVB to V channels ...

Is this right ? I would not need the switches in the diagram either - right ?

BTW - I am looking at using this 4dtv for Ku only... there is a 20 buck a month sub for my fav channels

IMO, why don't you just change your LNB to a dual on your dish (or better yet a Quad ( QPH-031 ) from Invacom. Then you do not need to deal with a polarity issue that you will be dealing with when slaving.

I'm with VfrJim on that solution.

Daisy chaining one receiver off another is a great way to test things, but as for a permanent solution...
- it's too restrictive on program selection
- it's too error-prone (too easy to blow something up)
(... that's just my opinion; you are welcome to disagree ...)

Oh, and one last thing , if your current LNB is Universal, then all the 4D channel numbers will be off.
It only works properly with a Standard.
The Local Oscillator frequency is offset by 150mhz, and the 4D can't compensate.
(...or so I've read in the BUD forum...)

thanks guys... thats what I am going to do... it will mean another run of cable, buts it worth it to avoid hassles

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)