Sleep timer

edtorious

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
San Diego, CA
I noticed that voom doesn't have sleep timer feature, I fell asleep last night and forgot to turn off voom. :eek: It'll be nice to have this feature in the future. What do you think?

edtorious said:
I noticed that voom doesn't have sleep timer feature, I fell asleep last night and forgot to turn off voom. :eek: It'll be nice to have this feature in the future. What do you think?
Not sure it's necessary. Lots of people leave their Voom stb on 24/7, and it doesn't hurt anything.

I turn mine off each night ("standby" mode). In case a surprise software update is rolled out overnight, I like to be ready for it.

I've never used a sleep timer, and can't imagine why I'd ever start. But if folks want one -- go ahead and add it, I guess.*shrug*

I never turn mine off (for recording purposes). My pj doesn't have a sleep timer, but it does shut off if a signal is not detected within 5 minutes. I never fall asleep watching it though, I always shut if off before I get to that point.

Turning off the STB at a scheduled time wouldn't accomplish anything. Your TV would then just lose it's signal source, but it would still be turned on. The STB consumes nearly the same amount of energy whether turned on or in standby mode, relative to the energy use of your display device. A sleep function should be included either with your TV or with an entertainment unit programming remote. I would prefer it if the Moto engineers would work on correcting the OTA PSIP programming instead of adding a sleep function.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)