Slimline 3 LNB Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimbo,

You are correct........I think 72 is a DISH sat?
But the International programming is moving from the 95, right?
Never did an international.

Joe

Jimbo,

You are correct........I think 72 is a DISH sat?
But the International programming is moving from the 95, right?
Never did an international.

Joe

72.5 is DirecTV 1R which has a number of local SD channels on it, rumor is that this will be going away since it's a leased slot from Canada and the lease ends soon.

95.0 is Galaxy 3C which has a number of international channels on it and I haven't heard about that one going away anytime soon.

They have the new slimline 3 lnb only in the settings for the dish setup (at least in the latest CEs).

I wonder if you select that dish type it ignores 110/119 - expecting that it won't be there.

Yes, it "ignores" them is you select SL3, and only 99, 101, and 103 are available on the signal meters, and any 110/119 stations in the guide also disappear.

If you connect the SL3 but have not yet re-set the satellite options from it being a SL5, it is kind of funny to see which 101 based channels come in on what the receivers thinks is a 119 feed. Channels in the 400s mostly.

Last edited:
72.5 is DirecTV 1R which has a number of local SD channels on it, rumor is that this will be going away since it's a leased slot from Canada and the lease ends soon.

95.0 is Galaxy 3C which has a number of international channels on it and I haven't heard about that one going away anytime soon.

Thanks,
Then both are on my "wrong satellite acquired" list.

Joe

Yes, it "ignores" them is you select SL3, and only 99, 101, and 103 are available on the signal meters, and any 110/119 stations in the guide also disappear.

If you connect the SL3 but have not yet re-set the satellite options from it being a SL5, it is kind of funny to see which 101 based channels come in on what the receivers thinks is a 119 feed. Channels in the 400s mostly.

Oh! So essentially if you have a SL5 dish but the software has an option to select SL3 then everything should be ok?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks.

-Akshay

No, the problem is the SL5 and SL3 stack the signals off the satellites differenty in the coax. The SL5 built in multiswitch will still be sending 110/119 info (or trying to whether it has 110/119 line of sight or not) down the stack anytime the 22 khz tone is sent by the receiver. However, if you tell the receiver you have a SL3, then it will be assuming it is getting 101 in the stack, whether 22 khz tone is used or not. So the receiver would be expeciting 101 but actually be getting 110/119 anytime the tone is sent.

No, the problem is the SL5 and SL3 stack the signals off the satellites differenty in the coax. The SL5 built in multiswitch will still be sending 110/119 info (or trying to whether it has 110/119 line of sight or not) down the stack anytime the 22 khz tone is sent by the receiver. However, if you tell the receiver you have a SL3, then it will be assuming it is getting 101 in the stack, whether 22 khz tone is used or not. So the receiver would be expeciting 101 but actually be getting 110/119 anytime the tone is sent.

Ah .. so unless I am being a doofis, the SL5 will be trying to get a signal from 110/119 even if it is configured as a SL3. Which means I am going to end up having the problems with the DirecTV guide that some other users have mentioned.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks.

-Akshay

Do you guys think its a good idea for me to call the Local Installer and ask him if I buy my own Slimline 3 LNB, will they install it for me?

Thanks.

-Akshay

Do you guys think its a good idea for me to call the Local Installer and ask him if I buy my own Slimline 3 LNB, will they install it for me?

Thanks.

-Akshay

It is only money.
From what has been said here and elsewhere you will be ok with the 5 LNB if tuned to show the 103 & 99. The gude issue can be resolved by leaving your receivers tuned to a 101 channel (ch 100 and many others) overnight.) You will will know when to do it because your guide will start showing blanks.

There was another thread in just the 119 guide thing here recently.

Give them time and the 3 LNB will come to you.

Joe

Phase II = not round........101 + 110 2LNB

Actually, the PII was for 101 & 119 only, as the 110 bird was NOT put up yet. THIS was for when Para Todo's first came out.
THEN, there was a 110 upgrade for these dishes, when a couple locals markets orignally came out on 110, before there was any talk of HD. But then they also used these same upgrade kits for when HD DID come on the 110 bird.

Actually, the PII was for 101 & 119 only, as the 110 bird was NOT put up yet. THIS was for when Para Todo's first came out.
THEN, there was a 110 upgrade for these dishes, when a couple locals markets orignally came out on 110, before there was any talk of HD. But then they also used these same upgrade kits for when HD DID come on the 110 bird.

Thanks,
It has been awhile and I didn't look it up. I remember when the Phase II came out because I was paying my ten year old son $.25 per dish to assemble the round ones. His estimate to assemble the Phase II was "about a buck". Worked a package deal; five rounds and two ovals for five dollars. AND he had tp start getting rid of the cardboard boxes. He wanted more money when my wife said we had to take the satellite business out of the living room.

I remember the kits but never used them. The Phase III became available pretty quick around here. By then my son was riding with me and could assemble the dishes at the customer site.

But I digress,

Joe

Received a couple things from D* of interest:

The SL-3 is now being installed but only in the MPEG4 SD markets. At some point there will be a SL3 integrated SWM...

That explains how an LNB ended up on ebay :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts