Status
Please reply by conversation.

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
Hello,

Can I install a new Slimline 3 LNB on an old triple LNB MultiSatellite (18"x20") dish and pickup HD like on the new Slimline dish with the same 3 LNB? If it works I assume I will have to set it up like a Slimline 3 with the Azimuth, Elevation & Tilt from the 3 LNB 18"x20" setting.

The reason I am looking into it that I don’t like the larger and heavier dish and I already have the old mount installed from a 18” dish with the 1 5/8” mast.

Sorry if this was asked before, I could not find any answers to it.

Thanks

Hello,

Can I install a new Slimline 3 LNB on an old triple LNB MultiSatellite (18"x20") dish and pickup HD like on the new Slimline dish with the same 3 LNB? If it works I assume I will have to set it up like a Slimline 3 with the Azimuth, Elevation & Tilt from the 3 LNB 18"x20" setting.

The reason I am looking into it that I don’t like the larger and heavier dish and I already have the old mount installed from a 18” dish with the 1 5/8” mast.

Sorry if this was asked before, I could not find any answers to it.

Thanks

It can be done, but you will have compromised signal levels that are more susceptible to rain fade.

Thanks, and I thought I came up with this brilliant idea!

Thanks, and I thought I came up with this brilliant idea!

I had done a search here and online and found various ways of doing it. The best way seems to be by seating the SL3 all the way into LNB holder, either by cutting a groove in the dish arm for the nub on the LNB, or by grinding the nub off like the fellow in my thread suggested. I haven't actually done it yet, but I did pass the info on to my friend, and he said it works great.

I had some pictures saved somewhere of the various conversions, but can't find them at the moment....:(

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)