Slimline 5 LNB on an oval triple sat dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TAS1

Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
I have a friend who has a Triple LNB dish. Our area can now receive the local HD channels through the dish. He has upgraded his receiver to an H20, but now needs to upgrade his dish. I told him to get a Slimline AT9 dish. I have the big AT9 and his wife told him he couldn't put something that big on their house. Apparently she doesn't understand the importance of HD TV. Anyway, he was on ebay and someone is selling just the Slimline LNB and says it can be attached to the Triple sat dish and will receive everything the big AT9 dish does. Does anyone know if this is true?

No, the reflector (dish) of the PhaseIII dish would not "bounce" the signals at the correct angles into the LNBs.

The AT9 & SlimLine are really not that big; she needs a reality check. LOL!

Tell your friend it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. This was my method of getting the AT9 and Dish1000 installed. :)

Thanks guys. I'll pass that info along. I think he should put the AT9 on his house and then if she says anything just tell her it's the same dish, it just looks bigger because she must have lost weight.

His wife told him he couldn't put something that big on their house?

He should do it just cause she said that. :p

Hi, I'm a 100% newbie, searching for the truth.

I am scheduled for the installation of a 5-LNB antenna along with an HR- 20 receiver on 18 Feb.

D* took my request for the 'slim' version (AU9), but couldn't gaurantee that the installer would have one.

Now I find out that the heavier AT9 has been discontinued, but I still wonder which unit I will get.

Performance wise, is there really a difference?

Aside from my question, this is a great website. Thanks for any info.

Las Vegas

Hi, I'm a 100% newbie, searching for the truth.

I am scheduled for the installation of a 5-LNB antenna along with an HR- 20 receiver on 18 Feb.

D* took my request for the 'slim' version (AU9), but couldn't gaurantee that the installer would have one.

Now I find out that the heavier AT9 has been discontinued, but I still wonder which unit I will get.

Performance wise, is there really a difference?

Aside from my question, this is a great website. Thanks for any info.

Las Vegas

They work the same, but many find the lnb array on the AU9 preferable to the one on the AT9. The only trouble I am aware of is the cable connecting the two arrays on the AT9's. Some have had problems with the connections, but that's because the installation wasn't done correctly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)