Slimline 5-LNB to HR24-500 Install Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobmacd

Original poster
Sep 28, 2010
Prescott, Arizona
I have recently purchased a portable (tripod) 5LNB slimline. I will be using the same HR24-500 receiver I now use for the house. I set up a test as follows:
1. Aligned the dish and got a good strong signal.
2. I changed the (receiver) SAT type from SWM (currently on roof) to the new slimline 5-LNB, Multiswitch and dual tuners
3. Using one of the 4 connections at the LNB to SAT1 on HR24, I get a strong signal but only on tuner-1.
4. TV Display says I need "B-Band converter" BUT, Tech at DTV says HR24-500 has that function built in and I should NOT need BBC.
5. Tech also said I need two connections into the HR24 (SAT1 & SAT2)
Here is my question:
Do I just run a second RG6 run from another of the 4 LNB connections to HR24 - SAT2?
Thanks in advance . . .
Bobmac

Thanks for the replys.
Re. BBC question. With all due respect, the DirecTV Tech support guy (this morning) sounded quite sure about his position that, with the HR24-500, BBC's were not needed - that this function was built in to the receiver. I suppose trying would be the sure way to tell.

Thanks for the replys.
Re. BBC question. With all due respect, the DirecTV Tech support guy (this morning) sounded quite sure about his position that, with the HR24-500, BBC's were not needed - that this function was built in to the receiver. I suppose trying would be the sure way to tell.

It's built into the H/HR23s only. All other hd equipment need the bbcs unless used with the swm lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)