Slimline 5 questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

papalittle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2005
Some old corn field, United States
I have been installing Direct dish for a very short time but been a Dish installer for 10 years. I have a Genie and 2 clients to install this week and I received at Slimline 5 in the box. Up till now I have only done slimline3 dishes and I can not figure out to install the Slimline5. The box contained a SWiM switch but it has only two ports and I am installing 3 units and do not know how to install 3 on this setup. How do I install 3 units on the dual SWiM? Do I need a Tap? I might have a SWiM switch from a Slimline 3 dish will this switch work?

Any and all advice will be most appreciated.

The Slimline3 and Slimline5 install the same way regarding alignment, although you have to dial in 119 after you do 101. 110 should fall into place by itself. After that, it's the same for each. If it's a swm setup, you do need the power inserter on the power passing leg of the splitter or off of the swm8/16 switch marked dc/pwr. If it's a regular ka/ku lnb (four outputs), you don't need a power inserter unless you are using the swm8/16 switch. If you are working for an authorized installer, you should have been trained on this.

Sorry I am a private contractor and trying to expand my field. The reailer who is wanting me to install D* for them knows nothing about them and I can not find any real training aids. So I am learning just like I did for E*. I am going to use a 4way SWM and a power inserter. The LNB only had 1 port.

Sorry I am a private contractor and trying to expand my field. The reailer who is wanting me to install D* for them knows nothing about them and I can not find any real training aids. So I am learning just like I did for E*. I am going to use a 4way SWM and a power inserter. The LNB only had 1 port.

The SWM LNB has only one port , thats typical, only needs 1 line to the PI then a SWM Switch from there.

The SWM LNB has only one port , thats typical, only needs 1 line to the PI then a SWM Switch from there.

You mean a swm splitter Jimbo!

papalittle, you can find installation videos online. I think there are some at www.solidsignal.com
With the equipment you have, one cable goes from the lnb to either the power inserter or the 4 way splitter. If you go to the power inserter first, then go to the splitter, and from the splitter to the various receivers/dvrs. If you go straight from the lnb to the splitter, the power inserter has to go on the power passing leg of the splitter, which is marked with a red line. You can then go from the splitter to the receivers/dvrs. Remember, since this is a swm setup, only one cable to each receiver/dvr. You can go from the power inserter to a receiver/dvr or not. If not, make sure you terminate the open port.

You mean a swm splitter Jimbo!

papalittle, you can find installation videos online. I think there are some at www.solidsignal.com
With the equipment you have, one cable goes from the lnb to either the power inserter or the 4 way splitter. If you go to the power inserter first, then go to the splitter, and from the splitter to the various receivers/dvrs. If you go straight from the lnb to the splitter, the power inserter has to go on the power passing leg of the splitter, which is marked with a red line. You can then go from the splitter to the receivers/dvrs. Remember, since this is a swm setup, only one cable to each receiver/dvr. You can go from the power inserter to a receiver/dvr or not. If not, make sure you terminate the open port.

Your right Chip, I meant to say SWM Splitter, not switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)